Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #16
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I see that NEWEGG.CA sell jetBook white for CAD$149.99 and offer free shipping
from Canadian warehouse:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16858723004
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
Kris... yeah, they SAY tat until you put one in your cart...
Shipping isn't free
And price tends to change on occasion....

And they seem to be the only real place to buy the JB or JBL in Canada.

The Libre is $169 local.
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post
Kris... yeah, they SAY tat until you put one in your cart...
Shipping isn't free
And price tends to change on occasion....

And they seem to be the only real place to buy the JB or JBL in Canada.

The Libre is $169 local.
I just put it in my My Shopping Cart and still see the correct price - $149.99
and free shipping by UPS Standard.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #19
cancelx
Nervous Groupie

Yes, but their cart recognizes your zip or postcode... if you type in the Nova Scotia postal code, it is listed as Not part of the promotion...
Old 03-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #20
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post
Yes, but their cart recognizes your zip or postcode... if you type in the Nova Scotia postal code, it is listed as Not part of the promotion...
Interesting. I didn't know that they have different offers for different areas... What price they charge for shipping to Nova Scotia?
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #21
cancelx
Nervous Groupie

I think it was around $20-25

thats why $169 for Libre looks good locally.
if i can get past the no PDB issue, and my concerns about the battery life.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 AM   #22
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Off that Newegg.ca sale:

Original Price: $379.99
You Save: $230.00
$149.99

ROFL, as if anyone lists it at 379.99 now. XD

I have to say I'm mildly annoyed to find out I could've spent $20 less if I'd waited 24 hours. :/ On the other hand, the Libre comes with a couple things that the Jetbook doesn't iirc, so maybe in the long run the value works out. Alas.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:21 AM   #23
cancelx
Nervous Groupie

Nakor... I replied to your post somewhere asking where to buy... I suggested Costco for Libre $169

did you get it? do you like?

Later
Old 03-04-2010, 02:19 AM   #24
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, I saw your post. I already had one ordered from NCIX for the same price -- there's no Costco in the area. I ordered it last night so it'll be a day or two yet before it's here. (NCIX is based out of BC, so shipments to where I live tend to be pretty quick from them.)
Old 03-04-2010, 03:14 AM   #25
bob1xxx
Zealot
bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bob1xxx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle k3 and k2 and White Aluratek Libre Pro
I got the libre myself last weekend at fry's in anahiem ca , so far its great, I'm basically looking for book reader and for the money its a good deal . The Jet book lite might be a good deal if you go camping or travel to country's with shaky electrical systems (aa battery power would be handy) but, for my uses Libre was a good deal and with Fry's Ive got a 30day return window if it doesnt work out.
bob1xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:47 AM   #26
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I tell you here in Australia we really get hit hard with the price of electronics. By buying a JBL from here in Aus the price (after currency exchange) is $189.01US. Same product, same company, two different prices.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #27
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I tell you here in Australia we really get hit hard with the price of electronics. By buying a JBL from here in Aus the price (after currency exchange) is $189.01US. Same product, same company, two different prices.
Solicitous, it is too bad that NEWEGG don't ship to Australia... I like my jetBook-Lite so I will not change it even for 2 Libre ...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #28
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Solicitous, it is too bad that NEWEGG don't ship to Australia... I like my jetBook-Lite so I will not change it even for 2 Libre ...
It is a pity, part of me would like to have had both an e-ink and a LCD ereader - have the best of both worlds. Until I am treated as an equal customer in the US I will not buy their product (would like to but the cost difference puts me off).

I know I can buy direct from Jetbook in the US, but I ask why should I when they sell direct to the consumer in Australia from their Australian site (albeit as my complaint, at a higher comparative price).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #29
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Higher fuel transport costs built into the price?
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #30
Nakor
Addict

Could be duties involved too. Though I would hardly be shocked to learn that price gouging was involved.