Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Moon+ Reader Pro Cover thumbnails??

I just paid for the Pro version of Moon+ Reader, and for some reason when it imports my ePub books, it’s creating generic covers for the shelf view. All other programs (Apple and Android) that I’ve tried render thumbnails of the embedded cover, INCLUDING the free version of your Moon Reader (so I upgraded for the PDF inclusion). Pretty weird, huh?

I've deleted the program/removed cache, reinstalled. Deleted/reloaded books to the micro sd. Nothing helps. Reloaded the free version to make sure I wasn't going crazy, imported 150 books, and all have the proper thumbs!

Any ideas? Thanks folks.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I am not sure why you are getting that I just moon + reader pro and I am not having that issue, after I open the ebook the first time.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I am not sure why you are getting that I just moon + reader pro and I am not having that issue, after I open the ebook the first time.
The cover is shown in the open book. I'm talking about the small thumbnail covers used in on the shelves. All of mine, only in the Pro version, are generics generated by the program. The free version, and every other program, produces a small version of the embedded cover you'd seen when you open the book.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
With Moon+, in the My Files booklist, I've observed that I see generic thumbnails on my epubs if I haven't opened them yet. Once they've been opened for the first time the correct thumbnail is displayed. But don't ask me why it works this way.

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-26-2014 at 12:09 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
With Moon+, in the My Files booklist, I've observed that I see generic thumbnails on my epubs if I haven't opened them yet. Once they've been opened for the first time the correct thumbnail is displayed. But don't ask me why it works this way.
It doesn't even do that on mine. The whole reason I purchased was because the free version worked perfectly: I have 3000 books, and they all got the proper cover for the thumbnails right away. Why would the paid version have less functionality (rhetorical.. I know you're not the developer, who's ignored my emails so far!) Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!
Advert
Old 03-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Latest update fixed my issue.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougr33 View Post
Latest update fixed my issue.
Glad to hear it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
I just installed the free version from Amazon. When I started out, there were maybe 10-20 of the 320 books on my Kindle Fire that imported with generic covers, and 10-15 with "titles" of CR! followed by 28(?) random characters, 7 with no titles at all, and an unknown number of butchered titles. (example "Death at the- Other Stories", "Dorthy and -e Wizard in Oz", "Joni: The Creative Odyssey of J") There is no pattern to where the title will be broken; most were in the middle, but some were just truncated.

NOW, the only ones that have the correct covers are the ones I have opened. Titles that begin with "C!" that I have edited to visual correctness still sort as if the name has not changed.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
NOW, the only ones that have the correct covers are the ones I have opened. Titles that begin with "C!" that I have edited to visual correctness still sort as if the name has not changed.
If you have the same problem as Dougr33 it is not surprising that you still have an issue. Amazon is historically slow in providing the updates from developers.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #10
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If you have the same problem as Dougr33 it is not surprising that you still have an issue. Amazon is historically slow in providing the updates from developers.
Thanks Walt, but...

I just thought to check Google's Play Store. It looks like both the Free and the Pro version were updated on March 1, 2014, to 2.4.0, which is what I have. Any other thoughts anybody?

ETA: I just remembered that when you are in the Control Mode (after tapping the center screen) the CR!28* filename shows up in the top line of the screen... if that's any help.

Last edited by SampleAndy; 03-07-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Added info about file name(?)
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:11 AM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post

How did you load those books to your Fire?

I use Calibre Companion to wirelessly load my epubs. All the covers are correct whether they've been opened or not. I make sure they are correct in Calibre, first.

Calibre and the Calibre Companion app are invaluable partners to Moon+ Reader.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Calibre and the Calibre Companion app are invaluable partners to Moon+ Reader.
My setup as well. I no longer import books into Moon+Reader, which is what I'm guessing these folks are doing. I simply use Calibre Companion to launch books into Moon+ Reader.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #13
Dougr33
Nameless Being

I re-imported mine after the March 1 update and all covers were correct. But when the previous paid version made generic covers, opening the book did Not correct the cover, so people for whom opening the book creates a proper cover may be having a different issue.