Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Scrope, G. Poulett: Geology and Extinct Volcanos of Central France V1.5 28 April 2011

George Julius Poulett Scrope FRS (10 March 1797 – 19 January 1876) was an English geologist and political economist as well as a magistrate for Stroud in Gloucestershire.

This book is the second edition of Scrope's 'Memoir on the Geology of Central France' (1827). Because of its large initial cost, the Memoir was not widely distributed, whereas the second edition was much more popular. The second edition is also more consistent with current knowledge about volcanos; it contains 17 sepia plates and 10 in-text b/w figures.

Scrope' major geologic interest were volcanos. Later he became interested in political economics, and he wrote over forty books, pamphlets, and papers on political economy concerning both practical and theoretical issues. Much of this material was published anonymously.

For V1.5 I corrected a variety of minor OCR and other errors, and included the second of two folded maps, the one on the volcanoes of Auvergne, France. Although the map text is very small and much is in a light-colored ink, I concluded that its inclusion at a ereader small size/resolution is appropriate in order to show the details and scope of Scrope's work. (if anyone needs a copy of the map at 600 dpi and 10"x12" size, please let me know by email and I'll attach a zipped copy to my email reply).

For V.1.0: 22 downloads
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Geology and Extinct Volcanos of Central France.epub (17.09 MB, 351 views)

Last edited by bobcdy; 04-28-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: corrected errors, added one map
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
new version of 'Geology and Extinct Volcanos...'

Today I posted a 2nd corrected version of my latest historic geology epubs; a map of the volcanos in the Auvergne, France, area from the book was added.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert