Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
MO74
MO74 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Unplugging reader from USB ?

I am using Adobe Digital editions for my ebook library (Ereader library still freezing and stopping - annoying !!)

So Adobe syncs my books after I drag and drop them into the reader icon.

Can I just unplug it from USB after that ? The screen says "do not disconnect" with the little O with slash thru it. I disconnected it anyway and the books were there, no problem.

Is there a certain way to disconnect ?
MO74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Safely remove hardware?
As far as I know the danger is that you might unplug the reader while something is still being transferred, resulting in damaged files.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Disconnect

In Reader Library 3.1 there is an icon next to your attached device. Click on it to disconnect properly.

If you have other devices connected by USB to your PC, click on the "Saferly Remove Hardware" icon in the Task Bar.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote