Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Warning: accessing CF card through iLiad export can corrupt files

I just lost the entire contents of my CF card, including all the notes I took at a conference last month. I had a backup from right before the conference, but that doesn't help with the notes since then. (And I take a LOT of notes on my iLiad.)

The corruption happened when I mounted the iLiad, which I have set to export its CF card, on a WinXP system. I could only see some of the items under the Books directory. That should have been a clue. But I tried to copy some files to the Books directory anyway, and the whole card got corrupted. I tried to let Windows repair the file system, and lost all contents. I'm copying my backup to the CF card now.

This is not the first time I've had this happen, but I attributed the earlier instances to the known problem with mounting CF cards on a Mac if they aren't formatted on OSX. Not relevant in this case.

I'm really, really disappointed in this. And I just wanted to pass on the warning to others. (And if anyone has any advice that can help me to keep this from happening again, other than never mounting the CF card through the iLiad, I'd be happy to hear it.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote