Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
kepstein
kepstein began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Audible and Macintosh

Will I be able to use my Audible books on the Kindle with my Macintosh. It looks like you need Audible Manager, which is not available for Macintosh.

Thanks,
Ken
kepstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm on Windows & play my Audible stuff in iTunes, I don't use their manager. I'd assume it's the same on a Mac.

Check their help section & it'll tell you how to set iTunes up. They should have a few free files you can download & try before spending any money.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
kepstein
kepstein began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm on Windows & play my Audible stuff in iTunes, I don't use their manager. I'd assume it's the same on a Mac.

Check their help section & it'll tell you how to set iTunes up. They should have a few free files you can download & try before spending any money.
I do use iTune when putting Audible content on my iPod, but the Audible support page for the Kindle said that the Audible Manager software is necessary. Audible does not let you register a Kindle as a device for the Macintosh platform.
kepstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Well that sucks. I'd maybe give Audible a call, I've called them twice in the 3 years I've been a member & they were very helpful.

The Audible Kindle user guide says you only need a Windows machine running Audible Manager to authorize the Kindle, after that you can copy files using your Mac, perhaps you can find a friend that runs Windows just so you can authorize the Kindle.

Hope it works out.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote