Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Content Management Question for Multiple Kindle Owners

Hi:

I have had a Kindle since the first day (that is, I ordered mine when it was released) and love it.

I just ordered one for my wife, hopefully they will allow the order to be upgraded to the 2.0 as rumors indicate so I can avoid the Monday deluge. If not I can always cancel and reorder the 2.0.

In any case, when you have two Kindles on your account, how do you determine, when you buy a book or go to your Kindle content manager online, which of your Kindles content is sent to? I assume they have it set up for this.

How does that work? I looked for another post on this subject, I am sure there is one, but I cannot find it.

Thanks!
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan View Post
In any case, when you have two Kindles on your account, how do you determine, when you buy a book or go to your Kindle content manager online, which of your Kindles content is sent to? I assume they have it set up for this.
When you buy a Kindle book under the orange "Buy with 1-Click" button there is a little drop down that is labeled "Send Wirelessly to:" with a drop down of all your registered Kindles. You just select which you want to send it to.

Also, if you look at your manage your kindle page on your list of books there is the "download send to" combo which you can send to any of your registered Kindles.

Finally, of course on each Kindle you can go to content manager and grab any book from your media library with any of your registered Kindles.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Thanks Pbob!

I figured it was something like that but it is nice to know.

Take Care
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote