Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #16
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
re: Warez

currently there is a warez category on DR Search
By default that category is exluded from the results. However the user has the option to click "Warez" at the top and then get these results.

I've received suggestions to remove this category... haven't done it yet.
I agree with the ebooksearchr guys that this decision should be left for the user.

Please let me know what you think.
sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:11 AM   #17
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If the search engine is designed specifically to search for ... extra-legal content, shall we say? Then I agree it has no place here. If however it's designed to search for content, and it turns up extra-legal stuff, then I don't know that it should an automatic no-no, Google and Yahoo will do that after all. That being said, I'd agree that it would be better, from a propriety standpoint, to have an engine that excludes warez from its results.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #18
sic
Addict
sic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enoughsic will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY reader
FYI:
The warez category and all sites within have been removed from DigitalReading Search.

If you need warez I suggest the ********.*** website - rhymes with ******** - that monitors a lot of bittorrent sites for ebooks.
(thanks for ebooksearchr for helping me find this site)

regards

Sic.
sic is offline   Reply With Quote