Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 04:07 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Video app?

I always get my "news fix" from the BBC News web site. This works very well indeed on the iPad except for the annoying feature that none of the video (of which there's a lot on the BBC site) works, because it uses "Flash".

Is there any 3rd part app available for the iPad which will enable me to view this?

Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I think you're going to be unlucky as Apple doesn't like Flash and so I can't see anyone building a Flash Emulator that apple would be happy with.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
I think you're going to be unlucky as Apple doesn't like Flash and so I can't see anyone building a Flash Emulator that apple would be happy with.
iPlayer already works on iPad and has done since day one!?

all BBC video works as they use iPlayer to host it. however you may have to navigate iplayer- news story rather than the other way round but im not certain on that.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/0,3...9305793,00.htm
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote