Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
HarryO53
Enthusiast
HarryO53 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPod Touch
Thumbs down iPod Touch, Calibre and Stanza

This may be more a Stanza question than Calibre question, however, I am not finding the Stanza forums too receptive to my questions, even though they are not Mac specific.

I finally have gotten Stanza on the iPod to recognize my Calibre library. I can't seem to reliably transfer any books from Calibre to Stanza. I can select a book, but don't get a download button in the upper right hand corner of Stanza very often. When I do, there are apparently a random number of books being tagged for download.

Don't know how to remedy this, or if this has anything at all to do with the way Calibre's server is running.

The ebooks are all in EPUB format, and the ones that I can move to the iPod appear normally and in the proper format.
HarryO53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Harry053.

Hopefully you'll get some help soon.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If you use windows you could install Stanza for PC and import books in that app. Than you can share the books from that app and ipod can detect such server.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
HarryO53
Enthusiast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
If you use windows you could install Stanza for PC and import books in that app. Than you can share the books from that app and ipod can detect such server.
Yup, thought of that as a last resort. I DL'd Stanza Desktop for pc, but it will probably be a few days before I boot into Windows 7. Just don't use it that often anymore.

I think I have a small idea of what is going on. It may have to do with the format the ebook is in as seen by Stanza on the iPod.

Harry
Old 02-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO53 View Post
Yup, thought of that as a last resort. I DL'd Stanza Desktop for pc, but it will probably be a few days before I boot into Windows 7. Just don't use it that often anymore.

I think I have a small idea of what is going on. It may have to do with the format the ebook is in as seen by Stanza on the iPod.

Harry
Well...maybe...

Stanza can only view epub books . The way stanza desktop works is it converts all over formats such as .lt and others to epub.

Try converting all your ebooks over to epub in calibre and then see how it works.

Ian
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
HarryO53
Enthusiast

Thats what I'm doing. It appears that Stanza shows all of the books as available from the Calibre library, but that's not the case. I may just delete all but epub once I convert them.

Stanza doesn't seem to be that great a reader..IMO.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
HarryO53
Enthusiast

I guess I solved my own problem here. I have converted what I have to epub and all looks OK at this point.