Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
dapjukebox
dapjukebox began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
epub - set authors from cmd line not correct

Firstly can i congratulate all those involved in Calibre - it is simply the best software i have found for the creation and management of e-books.

Now the problem - if i add an html book using the gui, set the title and author and then convert to epub the resulting file shows the title and author correctly in both ADE and the built in viewer.
If i try to convert the same html file from the cmd line ADE shows the author as "unknown", the built in viewer shows "unknown & author".

A cut down version of the cmd is:
C:\Program Files\calibre>ebook-convert "path to inputfile" "path to outputfile" --title="Test Title" --authors="Test Author" --output-profile=sony

Am i doing something stupid or is there a strange bug here somewhere?
This is with version 0.6 and 0.61

Thanks in advance
dapjukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's a bug that will be fixed in 0.6.2
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
dapjukebox
dapjukebox began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
My god that was a quick reply, thanks for that.
I have been staring at this for ages trying to figure out what i was doing wrong!!!

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
The end user, the wife, has promised a donation but she said you will have to wait till pay day!
dapjukebox is offline   Reply With Quote