Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
It shipped today!

Good news--my newly ordered Kindle DX shipped today, so I should get it in time for the weekend.

Bad news--my husband is out-of-country for two weeks so I have total charge of the rugrats over said weekend.

I sense a lot of Disney in the background in my near future.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here's

a great page.....FAQ's, and you can even download the users guide in pdf so that you can learn all about it.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Ooh, how exciting! Just plant the kids in front of a "Phineas & Ferb" marathon and start reading!
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Maybe the kids should have some "reading time" with mommy (books of their choice which they read while you're reading)

Congrats on your new Kindle!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Maybe the kids should have some "reading time" with mommy (books of their choice which they read while you're reading)

Congrats on your new Kindle!
Now that's a good idea! I just downloaded JM Barrie's "Peter and Wendy" from this site yesterday. Check it out: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103586
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
Now that's a good idea! I just downloaded JM Barrie's "Peter and Wendy" from this site yesterday. Check it out: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103586
I lead a child-free lifestyle but I've noticed several parents wanting to purchase ebook readers for their kids. Maybe we should all help to promote a family reading hour (together or separately, paper or electronic). Help encourage kids to love reading. Sharing links, like the one you provided, to family friendly books really helps.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Very exciting --- getting a new reading device.
Don't know the age range of your kids.... but, I know the Kindle 1 can suffer a crush injury VERY easily. Take care with your new little baby.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
I got it!

Got the package today around lunch--didn't get a chance to do much more with it than plug it in and glance at a few pages of the manual. Then had to, like, feed my children. And of course tonight was Bingo night at the school. Who wouldn't rather take a 6 year old and a 3 year old to a gym full of shouting children when they could be home playing with their new toy?

But, ahhh, they are in bed now. Time for a martini and some serious time getting to know my new friend.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote