Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2015, 05:21 AM   #631
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
You should be able to have night mode. If you go to Settings/Control there should be an option (28) for Toggle Inversion which is night mode.

I have it working on my H2O.
thank you so much, it worked with this option.

Do you have also installed the night mode to start in Nickel? i have installed that but isn't worked for me. I can not also activate it with that brightness trick..
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:27 AM   #632
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
Can i install on Cool Reader more Hyphenation(Dutch)? How can i install that?
I am using cool reader launcher on Aura h2o
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:14 AM   #633
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
thank you so much, it worked with this option.

Do you have also installed the night mode to start in Nickel? i have installed that but isn't worked for me. I can not also activate it with that brightness trick..
Sorry, can't help on that one as I no longer use Nickel at all.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #634
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I just installed a dictionary for Cool Reader. When I tap on a word, the dictionary brings up system type reports about mounting. Also the font is too large. Is there any way to remove the mount message and also to reduce the font size?

Last edited by Rizla; 07-01-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #635
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I just installed a dictionary for Cool Reader. When I tap on a word, the dictionary brings up system type reports about mounting. Also the font is too large. Is there any way to remove the mount message and also to reduce the font size?
You can try writing:

Code:
DictionaryWidget {
	font-size: 8pt;
}
in eink.qss found in vlasovsoft directory
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #636
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
You can try writing:

Code:
DictionaryWidget {
	font-size: 8pt;
}
in eink.qss found in vlasovsoft directory
That worked a treat. Thanks!
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #637
kleinenun
kleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-bookskleinenun has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm on Glo HD with 3.15.0. Are there any improvement by using 3.16.0 if I never use nickel anymore, just KSM7 and Vlasovsoft because all my books sideloaded and Coolreader just the best.
kleinenun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #638
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
Congratulations sergeyvl12!
Would you be able to make a FBReader version for kobo? :-þ

FBReader is better than CoolReader (IMHO).

Last edited by mortimer7; 08-04-2015 at 01:10 PM.
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #639
JoepKobo
JoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
Can i install on Cool Reader more Hyphenation(Dutch)? How can i install that?
I am using cool reader launcher on Aura h2o
+1

Interested as well. Current (foreign) hyphenation gives pretty bad results
JoepKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:19 PM   #640
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I created a Dutch hyphenation file for koreader's implementation of coolreader. It's here.

You could try copying it to the corresponding directory in your coolreader installation. If you can't find the corresponding directory, for instance because it doesn't exist in your installation of coolreader, just put it in the same directory as the other hyphenation pdb-files.

I for one would like to know whether it works for coolreader, too.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #641
JoepKobo
JoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it isJoepKobo knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I created a Dutch hyphenation file for koreader's implementation of coolreader. It's here.

You could try copying it to the corresponding directory in your coolreader installation. If you can't find the corresponding directory, for instance because it doesn't exist in your installation of coolreader, just put it in the same directory as the other hyphenation pdb-files.

I for one would like to know whether it works for coolreader, too.
Hi Markismus, thanks for your hint.

I simply put your pattern file into the folder with the other hyphenation files (.pdb) files and it works fine. I can now select Dutch in the list of hyphenation files to use and seems to work very nicely. I browsed a couple pages but could not spot a single error so far. Will report back later after reading a full book ;-) .

Funny, I thought I found a mistake, it appeared I didn't know the formal rules properly.
Your rules were correct :-)

Many thank for your suggestion, much appreciated. So far so good.

Joep

Last edited by JoepKobo; 08-10-2015 at 04:10 PM.
JoepKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:19 PM   #642
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoepKobo View Post
Funny, I thought I found a mistake, it appeared I didn't know the formal rules properly.
Your rules were correct :-)
They are actually the rules of the TeX and LaTeX systems. I just changed the syntax of their file to that of the pattern-file to use in koreader. I left the original comments in the file to allow them to keep taking credit for their work. I remember that they included a list of wrongly hyphenated words at the end of the file. I couldn't implement that into the pattern-file, though. So you might run in to 50 or so mistakes within the Dutch language.

As koreader hasn't hacked much into coolreader, except for that needed to avoid crashes, I expected that the use of pattern-files is natively supported by coolreader. Still, it's good that you put it to the test.

Nederland wordt langzamerhand echt digitaal!

Al we need now is a really good Dutch dictionary
Old 08-10-2015, 04:22 PM   #643
Markismus
Guru

@sergeyvl12 Please feel free to use those pattern-files in your coolreader installation.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:02 AM   #644
rikus
rikus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi all,

is there a possibility to move the headline a little bit further down? It is very close to the top of the screen and hard to see/read. I use a Kobo H2O.

Thanks, Rikus
rikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:13 AM   #645
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikus View Post
Hi all,

is there a possibility to move the headline a little bit further down? It is very close to the top of the screen and hard to see/read. I use a Kobo H2O.

Thanks, Rikus
On my H2O I amended the Cr3 ini file to have the following margin values to lower the headline and pull in the sides of it a touch:

kbd_layout=0
margin_top=12
margin_left=5
margin_right=5
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote