Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
Recipe creates long non-scrollable page?

Using Calibre, some recipes, including my OReilly one, sometimes create long pages that cannot be fully viewed on the Kindle Fire but can be on the computer. On the Fire, I get a down-arrow at the bottom of the page indicating that there is more text, but I cannot get there. I can change the text size and see that it is available, but it just isn't properly paginated and I can't get to it.

Is there a setting I need to change?
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Add

conversion_options = {'linearize_tables': True}

to the recipe
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Add

to the recipe
Thank you. That did it. Strange behavior on the Fire's part though, not scrolling all the way down when it can see it needs it.
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
faber1971
Enthusiast
faber1971 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Add

to the recipe
Thanks, Kovid! This solves a tedious problem on two of my previous recipes, MarkUp and Marketing Magazine. I'll soon post two updates.
faber1971 is offline   Reply With Quote