Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-13-2015, 09:10 PM   #1
Mi604
Mi604 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Where are your documents on Paperwhite?

So, I've just received my first ever Kindle device, a Paperwhite. I attached the USB cable to my computer, and dragged and dropped some documents in the AZW3 format. They are not visible on my device. I also tried emailing an AZW3 document, with the same result.

I know (or am pretty certain) that the documents are in fact on my device somewhere. When I tried to drag and drop again, I was asked if I wanted to replace them. Where do they go when you add a document to your Paperwhite? Is there a folder somewhere where your documents are stored? Thanks for any advice you have.
Mi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Documents on the device should be put in the 'Documents' folder.

AZW3 isn't an accepted format for the email service.

More on personal documents...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200767340
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 02:33 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds as if you copied the files to the root directory of the Kindle's drive. As stated, you need to copy them into the "documents" subdirectory.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote