Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Chocolate?
NO - The thought of it makes me queasy. 1 1.64%
NO - But I'll eat it to get at the liqueur. 2 3.28%
NO - But I will eat it to be polite when offered. 1 1.64%
YES - On special occasions. 17 27.87%
YES - Every day. 24 39.34%
YES - I would sell my body for it. 16 26.23%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #136
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I have decided to break out an evil, ancient recipe for a chocolate treat and modify it. (I last used it at age 14.) With my plate on on it...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #137
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I have decided to break out an evil, ancient recipe for a chocolate treat and modify it. (I last used it at age 14.) With my plate on on it...
Please divulge said recipe.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #138
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
\

You are welcome. Eat one for me!! My granddaughter has a severe allergy to peanuts, so none of that in this house!
So many people have peanut allergies these days -- I would love to share them with friends, but the cookies probably won't leave our house (not that there will be many left to share anyway!)
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #139
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Please divulge said recipe.
Sugary style (beaten) Hershey's fudge (I'm going to add rasberry syrup along with the vanilla). (stop the brickbacts - I didn't say it was a rare recipe, just ancient and evil....)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #140
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
SCENE: Late night telly watching. An after after dinner snack of a chocolate bar before us. It's opened, and found to contain, in the inevitable corporate sense of inequity, seven pieces.

Me: I'll have four

The Loved One: Why do you get four?

Me: I'm joking. I'll have three.

The Loved One: Why should you only get three?

[The Loved One requires answers, no matter which side of the bat you play the ball]

Me: Migraine. Less chance.

The Loved One: Well, maybe you shouldn't have any at all, if that's a chance.

Me: I'm willing to take that chance.

[...because I'm a rebel, who likes to live on the edge]

The Loved One: Maybe I'm not

Me: What?

The Loved One: Well, I was hoping to jump your bones in the morning...

Me: Right...

The Loved One: ...and if you have migraine...

Me: ...

Me: So, if I don't have any chocolate, I won't get migraine...?

The Loved One: Correct

Me: ...and if you don't give me any chocolate right now...?

The Loved One: Yeah...

Me: ...how do you rate your chances of jumping my bones in the morning?

The Loved One: ...

The Loved One: I think I can chop one of the pieces in half...

END SCENE

I might have migraine tomorrow, and be in a bad mood. If so, so might someone else be.

Cheers,
Marc
Definitely one of those Laddy or the Tiger moments...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #141
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yes, but it would probably work better if you punctured one end, use a small pump to suck out the filling, and then used a syringe to file it with marmite.
A 50 cc syringe and a 10 guage needle poked through the top might work even better and disguise the tampering easier.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #142
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
A 50 cc syringe and a 10 guage needle poked through the top might work even better and disguise the tampering easier.
Generally speaking, you have to get the marmite to exactly the right temperature. Too hot and it melts the egg, too cold and you just can't inject the stuff.....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #143
pshrynk

I could probably get an infusion set from the chemo clinic. Those pumps are pretty powerful.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #144
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
SCENE: Late night telly watching. An after after dinner snack of a chocolate bar before us. It's opened, and found to contain, in the inevitable corporate sense of inequity, seven pieces.
Its very odd (yes odd), that a lot of packaging is done in portions indivisible by 2. There are alwasy 3 porkchops in a package, 3 chicken chicken breasts, 5 lambchops...etc. This can be a problem in a household containing 2 people.
I think it must be the aesthetics or something or some numerology thing or maybe trying to cater to the 2.5 people per household statistic (or whatever the ratio is).

A solution for your chocolate problem would be to always have 2 choclolate bars in stock, therefore an even number of pieces. You could still share your pieces with each other, and if you bought two differnent kinds of chocolate it may even be more pleasurable, although then you are eating twice the amount of chocolate and taking 2x the chance of triggering that migrane.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #145
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Yes, but it would probably work better if you punctured one end, use a small pump to suck out the filling, and then used a syringe to file it with marmite.
May I suggest you use the closest available, your lips and lungs.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-12-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #146
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
That is approximately what I had to suggest, the Ukrainian way to prepare Easter eggs or Pysanka. Two pinpricks and a blow.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #147
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
The Nestle site has a page devoted to their other chocolate bars - top billing goes to Caramac.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peanut butter cookie, recipe