Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #16
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
As it so happened, I just stared at my navel this weekend.....
Just for you, Am. (you gotta lose the tea)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Tea, meet keyboard. Yet again.

(And in VR's quote, I also read started as stared, just to make it more tea-spluttering)
pfff. that's nothing. just wait until you read his "Vera and Planet Head" saga (see link above).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #18
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Just for you, Am. (you gotta lose the tea)
I'm deeply honoured. I think. (Thankfully, no tea)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #19
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
pfff. that's nothing. just wait until you read his "Vera and Planet Head" saga (see link above).
I started reading that earlier! Must finish it, although maybe not tonight...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #20
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(starting to feel shameful having hijacked this thread for personal gain - a few laughs. please return to your normal programming. go on. write!!!)
Advert
Old 11-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #21
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Har-har-har-dee-har-har.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:31 AM   #22
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Har-har-har-dee-har-har.
We love you, Steve. And I, for one, enjoy your writing and urge you to do MORE! It's just your navel I have issues with.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #23
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What?!? It's clean! It's an innie! What more could you want?

It occurs to me that now, even if I wanted to sign up for the contest, I started the novel before I signed up, which should probably invalidate me anyway.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #24
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I'm doing NanoWriMo this year. So far, so good. I am up to 8,000 words and I am on pace to make the 50,000. It's a very interesting experience, to say the least. It's mostly rubish, but that's okay. The point of nano isn't to write the perfect novel, but to finish one.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #25
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
What?!? It's clean! It's an innie! What more could you want?
How can it be clean? You've been cavorting in Stroganoff whilst being whipped by *********** with cold noodles.

<pause>

<LazyScot's mental imagery hits overdrive; steam whistles out of his ears; safety fuses and reality filters kick in, and then LazyScot keels over.>
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #26
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

why is lazyscot not participating in NaNoWriMo ??? i would pay good money to read any novel he writes...
Old 11-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #27
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
*waves*

Hello.

I'm doing it as well this year, but so far I've only written 189 words. Right now I'm busy telling the whole world about it in order to be embarrassed out of quitting.

What are tools are you guys using? Pen and pencil? MS Word? Open Office? And how's the novels coming along? I'm going to use Vim/Cream on the PC, TextGuru on the iPod + Google Docs for backups a few times a day. I'll write one txt file per day and patch them together in the end. That way I won't lose to much work if there's a computer malfunction. The final product should hit Stanza in mid-December. *grins*

I have to say, I would have thought there'd be more NaNoWriMo activity on this board.

-Ingrid
Hey Ingrid, I hope you win this year! I'm at 16,000 words today and I've only been writing for 4 days, so I am on track to have more than 50,000 words. I surprised myself! I didn't realize I had this much in me.

I'm on a Mac and I have a novel writing program called Jers Novel Writer program. It's sorta like a simplified version of MS Word, but it helps because it has a nifty outline window and has a very cool "notes" feature so you don't have to slow down to drop a quick note to yourself to got back and change something earlier. It's a very small, quick program and I love it so far.

For me, I really prefer it over MS Word. The hardest part of NaNoWriMo is to keep your "inner editor" turned off and just churn out whatever is in your head. It's a lot of fun if you just go with the flow.

I don't know how much of what I am writing will be able to be edited into a readable novel, but it sure is fun so far. For me, I think it's really helped to set a goal of writing at least 3,000 words a night, even if I'm not in the mood to write. Last night was election night here in the states and it was very hard to concentrate on writing, but I did it.

I think Hemingway said it best: "The first draft of anything is sh*t!"
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #28
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Hey Ingrid, I hope you win this year! I'm at 16,000 words today and I've only been writing for 4 days, so I am on track to have more than 50,000 words. I surprised myself! I didn't realize I had this much in me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
I'm doing NanoWriMo this year. So far, so good. I am up to 8,000 words and I am on pace to make the 50,000. It's a very interesting experience, to say the least. It's mostly rubish, but that's okay. The point of nano isn't to write the perfect novel, but to finish one.
I'm most heartily impressed by both of you. That is no trivial achievement. Best of luck and may the words keep flowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
why is lazyscot not participating in NaNoWriMo ??? i would pay good money to read any novel he writes...
The committment to even try and do NaNoWriMo is no small feat; and I am most certainly not a Charlie Stross (100,000+ novel in 1 month!).

Last edited by LazyScot; 11-05-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Silly typos. Must learn to proof read.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
The committment to even try and do NaNoWriMo is no small feat; and I am most certainly not a Charlie Stross (100,000+ novel in 1 month!).
i'd settle for a lazyscot ShoStoWriMo (Short Story Writing Month).

i am thoroughly impressed by everyone participating in this, and tip my hat to each of you. bravo, and good luck !
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #30
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just want to (re-) add my two bobs worth of support in. You Nanowrimonites are my personal heroes. I'm happy to be part of the cheer squad . I've even got the short shorts and the pom-poms...

"N...A...N.O.W...R...I...M.O.N...I...T...E...S...g oooOOO, NANOWRIMONITES!!!"

I think I've got to work on the cheer a little bit.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote