Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question Will this charge a NookTablet?

This says it works with Kindle Fire, but how about a Nook Tablet?

http://www.hsn.com/products/powerock...ariant=7097008

Would I use my proprietary NT cable between the NT and the charger?

I live in fear of running out of reading power!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I think it will charge, but I doubt it has much capacity. I can't see any proper specs, but I'mm guessing it's no better than thi one on eBay for less than half the price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2400mAh-Port...item25703c7df5

I don't know how well they work. I'm curious too!

Another similar one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Power-Ba...item416fa7b6c1

Last edited by Asawi; 03-03-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast
Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tab M10
My guess is yes. These multipurpose chargers keep the power pretty low, so they won't blow out the electronics.

I have a car lighter to USB jack that I bought at the drugstore. It's not super fast charging, but it allows me to use my Nook as my MP3 player in my car.
Lori Reeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
It will charge, but only at a low rate (about .5A). You can only charge at the full rate (1.8A) with the nook charger and cable. And even then it won't fully charge it as the battery of the nook tablet is larger than that of this charger.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook, nook tablet, nooktablet