Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
ANico
ANico began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903
Question missing page numbers in table of contents (EPUB)

Hi all,

lately I've noticed that page numbers are missing from EPUBs' table of contents.

Though I only have Instapaper-generated EPUBs to test this with, I'd guess page numbers are generated by the reader (i.e. independent of the respective document).

Is it possible this was changed in a recent firmware update? Any ideas how I can get them back?
ANico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANico View Post
Hi all,

lately I've noticed that page numbers are missing from EPUBs' table of contents.

Though I only have Instapaper-generated EPUBs to test this with, I'd guess page numbers are generated by the reader (i.e. independent of the respective document).

Is it possible this was changed in a recent firmware update? Any ideas how I can get them back?
my guess is that it is a conversion problem: in my case, for some books the TOC keeps the page numbers, for others it does not (regardless of the reading pogramme) - I imagine that if it were a problem with the reader, it should not differentiate across books.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
If its reader independent it would hardly be accurate, if its reader dependent it would have to be regenerated every time a the font size is changed or you switch from portrait to landscape and vice versa requiring the TOC to be constantly regenerated.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I would think that page numbers and the table of content of ePub books are generated independently from font and font size. The software rather "counts" the number of chars and every 1024 chars "starts" a new page. At least that's the theory.
On my device Adobe Reader and CoolReader show different numbers of pages. It seems Adobe uses the number of chars and CoolReader counts the pages in dependence from font and font size.

Last edited by Billi; 05-19-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
I found that CR3 seems to have a fixed page setting in the table of contents, but the page numbers in the status bar are correct, fbreader180 recalculates every time you change fonts, margins or size (takes a few seconds to calculate), but won't give page numbers in the table of content. Adobe I don't use, so no clue
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert