Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
HELP -- AC Adapter charger port loose

My dog knocked my PRS-700 off the nightstand while it was plugged into the AC wall adapter and charging and now it seems that the adapter port is loose. The connection plug now feels a little bit loose when plugged in and the adapter plug does not make an electrical connection anymore unless I "wiggle" it or put a small amount of side pressure on it (at which time the connection is made and the charger light comes on). However, if I stop the pressure/wiggle, the connection breaks and stops charging. This also happened with a brand new adapter, so i know it is not the adapter itself that went bad.

The 700 will charge perfectly fine with the USB connector to my PC, but I REALLY want the AC adapter port to work again so I can read while it is charging, or read in bed using the book light.

The reader works perfectly otherwise and I really love it. Is there way that this can be fixed easily or am I going to have to buckle down and send it in to Sony for repair. I don't want them to foist a "refurb" unit on me when this loosened port is the only problem and my unit works just-fine-otherwise-thank-you-very-much. My reader is over a year old, BTW.

Any help would be much appreciated.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Does no one have any ideas on this?
Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
leday
Groupie

Does NOONE have any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Unless you know someone experienced in repairs on multilayer circuitry (and are prepared to gamble on possible further damage) then your only choice is Sony...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Sony Vaio laptops have long been notorious for having the charging connector come loose and sporadically work much as you describe with your 700. It is rather difficult to fix that kind of connector, especially if the housing that keeps it snug inside the reader broke.
Advert