Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 PM   #1291
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Here's one that Zelda will really appreciate.
http://books.cafepress.com/item/cook...t-hair/9666668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Don't forget the dogs.
neither one of y'all is getting karma for *those*, sheesh. "cooking with cat hair," my golly. just look out : i'll invite you over for dinner, and get my revenge !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #1292
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Well, you could spin the cat hair and make a jumper. It would be exactly the same colour as the cat-fluff. So the fluff wouldn't show up. What more could you want?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #1293
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Well, you could spin the cat hair and make a jumper. It would be exactly the same colour as the cat-fluff. So the fluff wouldn't show up. What more could you want?
now *that* is actually a good idea. and since i mostly dress in black and grey anyway, it would even match the rest of my clothes.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:35 PM   #1294
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh, no. i believed you. however i am thrilled to see the photo. does it count as an avatar ? (say yes !)
As the Queen proclaims, it may also be an avatar.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #1295
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I can't remember if this has already been posted, and I'll be buggered if I'm looking through twelvety-hundred pages looking, and I couldn't be stuffed searching, so:

montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:28 AM   #1296
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I can't remember if this has already been posted, and I'll be buggered if I'm looking through twelvety-hundred pages looking, and I couldn't be stuffed searching, so:
Marc:

The full t-shirt hasn't been posted yet. pshrynk did post some close-ups: #600 and in another thread.

How did he do that? (attachment search for zelda... and/or too much time on my hands )
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:29 AM   #1297
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
How did he do that? (attachment search for zelda... and/or too much time on my hands )
That's excellent, Nick. I'm now never going to look for anything ever again. I'm just going to post that I couldn't be stuffed, and wait for you to find it for me. Incidentally, I'm looking for a Roger Whittaker album containing the song Daisy a Day. Oh, yeah, and I've been looking for it since...about June 2003, and I've had search-alerts set up on Google and Ebay all that time. Off you go, there's a good chap...

Cheers,
Marc (You say "lazy" like it's a bad thing)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #1298
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
That's excellent, Nick. I'm now never going to look for anything ever again. I'm just going to post that I couldn't be stuffed, and wait for you to find it for me. Incidentally, I'm looking for a Roger Whittaker album containing the song Daisy a Day. Oh, yeah, and I've been looking for it since...about June 2003, and I've had search-alerts set up on Google and Ebay all that time. Off you go, there's a good chap...

Cheers,
Marc (You say "lazy" like it's a bad thing)
Hey, I remember seeing TV (info)commercial about his albums along with those of Zamfir many moons ago; don't recall any specific songs though.

I've got your back covered, so "chill" on the searching...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:59 AM   #1299
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Spooky...

...was talking to OH at lunch about the 'Google: A Decade On' article I read this morning. He said that Google's plan for world domination would be greatly advanced if they had subliminal messaging pop up every time someone clicked a link.
Thanks to LS, I was able to advise him that (if I understand it correctly) I would be immune to such tactics because of my longstanding exposure to Eurovision (Terry Wogan ftw - it must be about time for the Eurovision Dance Contest again, launched last year) but that he might have cause to be concerned.
I think he is, in fact, now very concerned, but probably not about Google.....
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #1300
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
...was talking to OH at lunch about the 'Google: A Decade On' article I read this morning. He said that Google's plan for world domination would be greatly advanced if they had subliminal messaging pop up every time someone clicked a link.
Thanks to LS, I was able to advise him that (if I understand it correctly) I would be immune to such tactics because of my longstanding exposure to Eurovision (Terry Wogan ftw - it must be about time for the Eurovision Dance Contest again, launched last year) but that he might have cause to be concerned.
I think he is, in fact, now very concerned, but probably not about Google.....
yes, i'm with your OH on this.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #1301
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
More oddness for the reading lists!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #1302
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
More oddness for the reading lists!
Absolutely worth following that link. I think one of our members should have no trouble winning this contest:

Quote:
We want to give listeners a chance to construct their own stories, inspired by the titles which have won every year. Send us your opening paragraphs using the postform below.

The Diagram Prize for Oddest Book Title of the Year

1978: Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice (University of Tokyo Press)
1979: The Madam as Entrepreneur: Career Management in House Prostitution (Transaction Press)
1980: The Joy of Chickens (Prentice Hall)
1981: Last Chance at Love: Terminal Romances
1982: Population and Other Problems (China National Publications)
1983: The Theory of Lengthwise Rolling (MIR)
1984: The Book of Marmalade: Its Antecedents, Its History and Its Role in the World Today (Constable)
1985: Natural Bust Enlargement with Total Power: How to Increase the Other 90% of Your Mind to Increase the Size of Your Breasts (Westwood Publishing Co)
1986: Oral Sadism and the Vegetarian Personality (Brunner/Mazel)
1987: No Award
1988: Versailles: The View From Sweden University of Chicago Press)
1989: How to Shit in the Woods: An Environmentally Sound Approach to a Lost Art (Ten Speed Press)
1990: Lesbian Sadomasochism Safety Manual (Lace Publications)
1991: No Award
1992: How to Avoid Huge Ships (Cornwell Maritime Press)
1993: American Bottom Archaeology (University of Illinois Press)
1994: Highlights in the History of Concrete (British Cement Association)
1995: Reusing Old Graves (Shaw & Son)
1996: Greek Rural Postmen and Their Cancellation Numbers (Hellenic Philatelic Society)
1997: The Joy of Sex: Pocket Edition (Mitchell Beazley)
1998: Development in Dairy Cow Breeding and Management: and New Opportunities to Widen the Uses of Straw (Nuffield Farming Scholarship Trust)
1999: Weeds in a Changing World (British Crop Protection Council)
2000: High Performance Stiffened Structures (Professional Engineering Publishing)
2001: Butterworths Corporate Manslaughter Service (Butterworths)
2002: Living With Crazy Buttocks (Kaz Cooke - Penguin)
2003: The Big Book of Lesbian Horse Stories (Kensington Publishing)
2004: Bombproof Your Horse (J A Allen)
2005: People Who Don't Know They're Dead: How They Attach Themselves to Unsuspecting Bystanders and What to Do About It (Gary Leon Hill - Red Wheel/Weiser Books)
2006: The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification (Harry N Abrams)
2007: If You Want Closure In Your Relationship, Start With Your Legs (Simon & Schuster US)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #1303
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
On re-read, I guess there isn't a contest. Still, they're taking submissions, so there could be 15 minutes of fame in it for someone.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #1304
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
That list is quite a fun read, but this stuck out, only because I know some here are vegetarians:

I've tried, and tried, but cannot even begin to fathom what this would be about.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #1305
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
That list is quite a fun read, but this stuck out, only because I know some here are vegetarians:

I've tried, and tried, but cannot even begin to fathom what this would be about.
It's a spoof book about psychotherapy. Hilariously funny if you're in the field. No idea what effect it has on normal people.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda