Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Kindle DX with M-Edge Leisure Case and Octo Slip Cover

Greetings,

I recently purchased a Kindle DX and, after having it for a few weeks, I've decided that its not for me. It was a tough decision because I like the quality and size of the screen (PDFs looked pretty good). I am a very mobile person and I like to read while walking. Around the house the DX wasn't a problem, but on a three mile walk outside it got to be a bit much. I've decided to sell it and purchase something smaller (with wireless) to compliment my PB360. The device is in good condition and functions well. It does have some scratches on the frame. I am asking $340, firm. The buyer pays for shipping and covers paypal costs (usually about 3%), if any. If anybody lives in the Baltimore/DC and wants to see it, let me know.

I'll post pics later today when I get home, God willing.

EDIT: Sold!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-15-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Sold by OP
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
If it's been less than 30 days you should be able to return the DX to Amazon. They accept returns even if you don't like it, you just pay shipping.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lowered the price to $375.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

Pictures

Pictures, finally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-03-27 20.09.41.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	337.7 KB
ID:	48797   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-03-27 20.10.45.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	48798   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-03-27 20.11.06.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	48799   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-03-27 20.12.45.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	48800   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-03-27 20.28.39.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	374.4 KB
ID:	48801  
Old 04-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

Would anyone consider a trade for a Sony Daily Edition and its accessories?

Luqman
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

Reduced to $340 plus shipping and paypal fees.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
smorvan
smorvan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I would be interested in buying it, though I live in Europe.

I would send you a FedEx shipping label, all you would have to do would be to drop it off in a FedEx shipping center (after packaging it properly)...

I am guessing this is not the International Edition, correct?
smorvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorvan View Post
I would be interested in buying it, though I live in Europe.

I would send you a FedEx shipping label, all you would have to do would be to drop it off in a FedEx shipping center (after packaging it properly)...

I am guessing this is not the International Edition, correct?
Correct, it is the US version. If you can send me the shipping label, I have no problem using that (and providing my own box and packaging, of course). The cost would be $340 plus paypal fees (which are around 3% for international money transfers).

Luqman
Old 05-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
smorvan

I am a bit confused with the versions.

The Wiki seems to indicate that 3G/GPRS units, which appeared since last January are all international capable...

When did you buy it exactly?

Do you know whether it is 3G/GRPS?

On the pictures and on the backside, there seems to be glue residue from a large sticker still showing... What is this?

Stephane

Last edited by smorvan; 05-09-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #10
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

It's definitely 3G; it says that when you hit the menu button when wireless is on. It is also definitely the US version, based on the serial number. The residue is exactly what you have described it as. I picked it up used a few months ago; the previous owner had attached a sticker on the bag which I carefully removed. I have been carefully washing the area to get rid of the remaining residue. The machine works very well. The primary reason for me selling it is the fact that it is simply too large to accommodate my reading habits, which tend towards reading while hiking and exercising.

Luqman
Old 05-10-2010, 01:48 AM   #11
smorvan

Ok - sorry to bug you, but can you fan-tag a dx pic and put it on the forum?

You seem reputable, but who knows - others have been burned so I am taking precautions.

Is there any warranty left on it?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #12
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

I can do that when I get home, God willing. It's totally understandable given what's happened of late. I'll have to check on the warranty. On my Amazon account there is a blank under the warranty field.

Luqman
Old 05-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #13
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

Okay, here are the pics confirming my possession of the Kindle DX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-05-10 18.53.19.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	51365   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-05-10 18.54.11.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	51366  
Old 05-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #14
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Okay, here are the pics confirming my possession of the Kindle DX.
Those are much better pictures and perhaps it is something we should ask from others from now on
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #15
smorvan

Looks good to me.

Unfortunately, I am out travelling until the 25th (Turkey then South Africa). I had hoped that we could have concluded the deal yesterday (Monday) so that the DX would have arrived on time, but the time difference made that very difficult.

Anyway, I will check back frequently, and if it is still available when I return I will take it.

Do you know what the warranty is or should be?

Stephane