Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Exclamation Custom avatars not working?

I'm trying to upload an avatar from my computer. I've provided the path to the file via the Browse button, but clicking Save Changes doesn't result in the avatar appearing. I've successfully added this avatar on sites running the same board software in the past, but this one just doesn't want to do it. Any ideas?

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post the avatar as an attachment here... maybe it's too large or in an incompatible format (different forums may have different settings, even if they use the same board software).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh no, according to your title, I'm supposed to shun you! Nah...

Here we go. It's a .gif, so I'm puzzled.

... did it make it through OK? It looks blank to me.

It's also the default image shown on http://buran.livejournal.com/profile.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
Oh no, according to your title, I'm supposed to shun you! Nah...

Here we go. It's a .gif, so I'm puzzled.

... did it make it through OK? It looks blank to me.

It's also the default image shown on http://buran.livejournal.com/profile.
It made it through and it shows up in your avatar. Perhaps you need to clear your cache.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
Buran
Geek

Hmm. Bumped my browser around some and it works. Thanks for double-checking me.
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Cool avatar. Is that from one of the USSR space missions??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
Buran
Geek

Sure is! Buran is the Soviet copy of the US space shuttle and flew a single unmanned test flight in 1988 before the program was cancelled for lack of funding. The operational orbiter was destroyed a few years ago when the roof of the dilapidated hangar collapsed.

Buran (spacecraft) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Buran