Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #2416
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I am still reading Grave Peril, I have small kids..., and I am reading about
Bianca's Party. There is a meeting there with Ferrovax and Harry together with Michael. Ferrovax humbles Harry with his power, but somehow seems to respect Michael. He hates (if such an emotion is applicable to him...) Michael for killing a dragon. With his power, Michael should not be more than a fly to him, so why the respect?
A couple of thoughts...

1. Perhaps because Michael, a mere human, was able to kill a dragon.

2. Michael does not kill indiscriminately.

3. Some of these groups seem to have the attitude that if you do not have the strength ( or are too stupid ) to beat an opponent you deserve what happens to you.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #2417
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post
Waiting for TV series #2.
Me too. I always watch the sci-fi fantasy series on TV and at the movies.

However that doesn't include series like Siberia or Under the Dome which are more in the "Lost," "X Files" and "Twin Peaks" genre.

As an aside, to illustrate my intense interest, I notice that "Man of Steel" is closing in on the #50 position on the all time movie revenue list. It should be a few more weeks.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #2418
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Quoted from aintitcool.com
[...]
Jim Butcher: I don’t like torturing my characters, I like torturing my READERS. It happens to be that torturing the characters is the best way to do that.
[...]
I knew it!
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #2419
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Sorry if this has been quoted already, I have a terrible memory

From Proven Guilty, Harry taking Molly home to her parents:

Quote:
Beside me, Molly rolled her shoulders in a few jerky motions and pushed at her hair in fitful little gestures. She tugged at her well-tattered skirts, and grimaced at her boots. “Can you see if there’s any mud on them?” I paused to consider her for a second. Then I said, “You have two tattoos showing right now, and you probably used a fake ID to get them. Your piercings would set off any metal detector worth the name, and you’re featuring them in parts of your anatomy your parents wish you didn’t yet realize you had. You’re dressed like Frankenhooker, and your hair has been dyed colors I previously thought existed only in cotton candy.” I turned to face the door again. “I wouldn’t waste time worrying about a little mud on the boots.”
Frankenhooker I remember those days!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #2420
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Cinder Spires

Could this be "Bob" costumed for an appearance in "Cinder Spires"?!

Maybe this is an Airship from Cinder Spires?

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #2421
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Ebenezer McCoy

Quoted from wikispaces.com
Quote:
Character Profile - Ebenezer McCoy

Name: Ebenezer McCoy
Origin: Dresden Files
Classification: Human
Powers and Abilities: Telekinesis, gravity manipulation, fire projection, earth manipulation, instant death, kinetic energy blasts, can strip opponents of their life force, is capable of resisting the mind raping effects of black magic due to his title of Blackstaff, anti tech powers, energy shields, several more
Weaknesses: Human Weaknesses
Destructive Capacity: Building+ level, City+ level with high end attacks (caused volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and yanked sattelites from orbit, though how he performed said feats is unknown)
Range: Melee range, several hundred kilometers with range
Speed: Peak Human
Durability: Human, city+ level with shields (should be capable of generating similar levels of energy to his high end attacks into his shields)
Lifting Strength: Human
Striking Strength: Human
Stamina: Superhuman
Standard Equipment: -
Intelligence: (will leave for later)
Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Notable OBD Victories:

Notable OBD Losses:

Other:
Old 09-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #2422
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I am still reading Grave Peril, I have small kids..., and I am reading about
Bianca's Party. There is a meeting there with Ferrovax and Harry together with Michael. Ferrovax humbles Harry with his power, but somehow seems to respect Michael. He hates (if such an emotion is applicable to him...) Michael for killing a dragon. With his power, Michael should not be more than a fly to him, so why the respect?
He's a Knight of the Cross -- his lot are practically MADE to kill dragons. The Swords hold a special power to cut right through magic and generate uncanny good luck whenever on a mission from G-d, and that's not something a dragon (notoriously some of the most magically powerful beings on the planet) can take lightly.

After all, he DID kill a dragon. He is (was) indeed a formidable adversary. Again, as a Knight of the Cross, he is virtually alone in possessing both the inclination and the power to kill a dragon, on principle, whereas most people (beings?) would consider it too risky and for no real benefit.

Basically, Ferrovax is scared of him.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #2423
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Harry & Mouse!

Old 09-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #2424
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Skin Game release in....

82 DAYS!!!

I'm part way through Proven Guilty now. I don't think I can drag it out to start Skin Game right after finishing the series but oh well.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #2425
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Th dog is gorgeous! I want one!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #2426
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
82 DAYS!!!

I'm part way through Proven Guilty now. I don't think I can drag it out to start Skin Game right after finishing the series but oh well.
Would some kind soul please donate some K to Lea for the update? I can't until I spread it around a bit! :P
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #2427
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Would some kind soul please donate some K to Lea for the update? I can't until I spread it around a bit! :P
Done.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #2428
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Awww thanks guys!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #2429
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
After quite a long hiatus, I'm back to reading Dresden.

Finished White Night this morning. Loaded Small Favor up on on my Android tablet. I've got two unfinished books in front of it, but it won't be too long.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #2430
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Great Post Alan!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy