Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Filark
Edge User

Asghar Mostafa Lecture May 5, 2011

I haven't watched it yet, but there's a webcast of the enTourage Systems CEO's lecture today posted here: http://www.eng.umd.edu/events/wt-archives/2011-mostafa

Did anybody go? I'm glad to see the eDGe still gets top billing in his bio.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
emusan
Edge User

I just started watching it, it sounded pretty good at first... he seems to have a lot of experience with start-ups, etc. Then he said he has failed more than not .

lol I still have hope though .

Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
borisb
Edge User

I think it's safe to say that most startups fail. It's not as easy as it looks, and wildly successful ventures like Google and Facebook are super super super rare.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
Filark
Edge User

Watched the whole thing.

1. I would gladly work for him.

2. He said nothing about enTourage Systems or the eDGe directly, but his advice to future entrepreneurs implied, to my mind, that he and his team expect to keep working hard and smart until they find a resolution (most likely a sale to another company) that rewards them for their time and effort.

3. He had a Pocket eDGe open in front of him on the lectern, presumably with his lecture notes.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
Kewlcat
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post

3. He had a Pocket eDGe open in front of him on the lectern, presumably with his lecture notes.
Wow...this is another interesting use for it that I hadnt thought of ...although my job doesnt really involve public speaking, if I had to, it would definitely be so much cooler referring to a PE than shuffling through a bunch of notes...as long as its fully charged of course

Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
Dr. T
Edge User

I had intended to attend the lecture, but time did not permit
Thank you all for posting the webcast, though.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #7
socman123
Edge User

I've used the EE at various speaking engagements, including conference settings, and it is a great companion at the podium. When questions are raised for which I am uncertain, it only takes a second to refer to the Internet and share updated (hopefully reliable and valid) stats, etc., which appears to impress folks. Lots of questions from those who take note of the EE. Roger

Old 05-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
alex_edge
Edge User

I've definitely used it to display my talking points while at seminars and panels. It seems like one of the many obvious uses of something like the PE for professionals of all kinds, especially since you can display PPT in Docs To Go.