Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
smathev
smathev began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 7
Nexus 7, Moon+Reader and Auto-rotate

Hi!

I've been searching, googling and reading like a madman

All because of a (probably simple) problem. Moon+ Reader doesn't "respect" the rotation settings of my Nexus 7.

Now, the short story is that I lock the rotation in Android settings, and the OS (Homescreen, browsers ... in short, all other apps) stops rotating. However, in Moon+Reader it keeps rotating. I've setup Moon+Reader to rotate (Auto(sensor)), because I like it being able to rotate at times. But, I want Moon+Reader to adhere to the OSsettings of rotate and "not rotate".

As it is now I have to enable and disable rotation in two separate locations, when I for instance want to use it and read in potrait mode while holding the tablet in a (gravity-wise) landscape way (for instance, lying in bed reading on my side with my head on the pillow), which is (IMHO) cumbersome and illogical. Anyone else experiencing this, and does anyone know of a possible fix?

If it is of any importance it should be noted that I'm using Paranoid Android (PA 3.57), Moon+Reader free version 1.9.7.0.

Hopefully it is simply a bug, or oversight from the developer, because I really like the app, and it's one of those little things holding me back from spending the money for the pro-version - the other thing being I'm not sure if Moon+Reader or Mantano is the better option (overall) for epub/MOBI and PDF support

Thx for taking the time to answer my question.

And this being my first post, I would like to note that I've been a long time lurker and really like this forum and the general helpfulness of the community!
smathev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
seems like it is some flaw with the app itself. Try reading the faq may be it can help.
http://www.moondownload.com/faq.html
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
On my Galaxy Tab, in the Control Options / Screen Orientation I have it set to Portrait (Sensor). I can't tell the difference between Portrait and Portrait (Sensor) so I don't know if it matters. Then in Miscellaneous at the very bottom it has Customize reader bar icons. Check the screen orientation. That way you can manually go between portrait and landscape.

I don't know if you have the reader bar set to show and I don't remember where in settings to find it. Can't even remember if you can hide / show it. That's something you need to go through settings to find.

Moon+ is a great reader with tons of options, but it's something you need to take the time and go through all the settings to find what's available. Go through all the listings in Visual Options, Control Options and Miscellaneous. And when you have it set up like you want, you might write down what options you have because it will probably take a while to figure out how to set it up like that again.

I have 2 tablets and 1 phone set up the same and the only way I can get it like I want is to look at the settings of one of the others.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I consider this a feature, not a bug. No matter what your device is set to, you can control how you read in Moon+. I think I remember that when the Nexus 7 or maybe it was another device first came out, you couldn't set it to auto rotate. If you used Moon+ you wouldn't have to worry about it.

I always have my device and reader set to auto rotate, but there is an occasional comic that is landscape but you need to turn your device to portrait to look at it properly. I just set Moon+ to a non sensor setting and it won't move when I turn the device and no other app is affected.

I was confused when the OP talked about having to set the rotate in two different places - set your device to whatever you want for most apps and leave it alone, and set what you want when you read in Moon+. The device setting never needs to be changed for Moon+, use Moon+ only for your reading setting.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moon+reader, moonreader, nexus, rotation