Old 03-09-2015, 07:39 AM   #1
Akihiro
Akihiro began at the beginning.

Device: mac
"--right2left" exist?

Hello.
My name is Akihiro, aged 37, japanese.
This is my first post on this forum.
If there's something wrong with my post, please let me know.

I'm just testing ebook-convert command for my manga like following.
$ ebook-convert sample.azw3 test.epub --right2left
:
ebook-convert: error: no such option: --right2left

And I got error above.
right2left option exists on the manual(http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/ebook-convert.html.)

If right2left option is abandoned, is there any alternative to implement the feature?

Thanks in advance.
Akihiro

$ ebook-convert --version
ebook-convert (calibre 2.20.0)
Akihiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think that option is only available for an input file that is a comic (is CBR / CBZ) and not for a comic within an AZW3 format.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Agreed -- it is a Comic Input specific option.

Also the docs are autogenerated from the source code comments, so they are nice and accurate.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:25 PM   #4
Akihiro
Akihiro began at the beginning.

Device: mac
Thanks for your reply.

I checked if the other Comic Input Option here (http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/...-input-options) work on azw3 and confirmed these options don't work on azw3. Thank you.

And from a web page (http://jarp.does.notwork.org/diary/2....html#20130812 written in Japanese), I found what feature "right2left" option have and howto resolve the problem.

"right2left" option insert "page-progression-direction="rtl"" in <spin> tag on epub file.

Code:
$ unzip -p ebook.epub content.opf | sed 's/<spine/<spine page-progression-direction="rtl"/' > content.opf
$ zip ebook.epub content.opf
Above commands is described on the aforementioned page.

So I checked if "page-progression-direction="rtl"" exists in content.opf within epub which generated from azw3 and confirmed it exists, though I couldn't add "right2left" option. Strange...

Anyway, thank you.
Akihiro
Akihiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, ebook-convert