Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2015, 07:53 AM   #1231
CoolkcaH
CoolkcaH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi (US, Intl) 90D4
Thanks.
With LibrarianSync I can't hide/unhide collections on the Kindle.

Hope someone finds this useful and has time to write a tool / modify CM.
CoolkcaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #1232
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolkcaH View Post
Thanks.
With LibrarianSync I can't hide/unhide collections on the Kindle.

Hope someone finds this useful and has time to write a tool / modify CM.
So post that in the LibrarianSync thread where the author(s) stand a chance of seeing it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #1233
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
As I understand it, it is a moot point. Cloud Collections nixed that anyway.

At least, you can hide stuff but then you cannot get at it at all, as opposed to earlier firmwares which allowed you to simulate hierarchies.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #1234
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
Support for PW2 5.6.5 with search option.
No nested collections, of course (do not use move buttons)...
This is "one device only" build, since there are no adapters for SearchHandler.
It builds, but I have no idea does it work or not (I'm still on 5.4.5.1).
Untested!!
Attached Files
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (421.0 KB, 224 views)
File Type: zip fw565-single-with-search.zip (3.9 KB, 204 views)
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #1235
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
It seems I successfully implemented Adapter for SearchHandler.
Below are some patches:
0001 to disable move buttons on devices with Cloud Collections
0002 to implement SearchHandler Adapter for fw512
0003 to implement SearchHandler placeholder for other devices
0004 to implement Search on fw5442 and fw545
0005 to implement fw565 with Search.

So search is supported on 512, 5442, 545, 565, other firmwares are without Search support.
Looks OK on 5.4.5.1.
Attached Files
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (543.5 KB, 248 views)
File Type: zip KTCollectionsMgr.zip (13.1 KB, 244 views)
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #1236
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ADambi: Wow, thanks .

I'll take a look at this and merge it tomorrow .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #1237
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.8.0

Once again, thanks to @ADambi, here comes v2.8.0 .

* Disable unusable move buttons on CC-aware devices
* Implement Search for FW 5.4.4.2 & FW 5.4.5.1
* Support for FW 5.6.5, w/ Search
Old 09-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #1238
Saturo
Saturo began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
I still get the error message unsupported firmware
Your Kindle is running firmware 5.4.4.2, which is not supported by this version of Collections Manager.

I have firmware 5.4.4.2 (2323310003) installed.

Christian
Saturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #1239
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Saturo: Hmm, make sure you don't have a couple of stray versions of the Kindlet laying around on your device, 5.4.4.2 should be supported as-is.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #1240
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Hi everyone,
I have a slight problem - on my PW1 long time ago I jailbroke and installed CM, and put several books into collections and hiding them from the main page.

Then I passed it to my wife and used Kobo for long time, and now the Kindle is at 5.6.6.1, the CM doesn't work anymore, and for what is worse: the books are hidden and I cannot get them back to unhidden state!!!

Is there a simple way to *unhide* all books, without CM?

Thanks
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:09 AM   #1241
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
CM has not been updated for the PW1+5.6.6.1 sorry.

Apparently you can still downgrade using Amazon's official firmware images, though -- at least on the PW1. Then you could re-jailbreak (it depends how old your old jailbreak was, best to refresh it anyway) and have CM working again.

You can also try out LibrarianSync, which is much faster, but doesn't do manual sorting (or hiding) -- only importing from a directory layout or from the output of Kindle Collections (calibre plugin).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245691
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:37 AM   #1242
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IIRC, there was a feature added to LibrarianSync to 'fix' exactly this problem of books hidden by a firmware change that broke CM.

If not in the readme, check in the early pages of the LibrarianSync thread.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:42 PM   #1243
norbusan
Zealot
norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.norbusan can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, Kobo GloHD
Thanks, I will try LibrarianSync ...
norbusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #1244
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up Collections Manager and KT FW 5.3.7.3

Hi,
I use Collections Manager (great!) on my Kindle Touch but, correctly, with the last firmware update to 5.3.7.3 version Collections Manager doesn't work.... :-)

Thanks

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:36 AM   #1245
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
Hi,
I use Collections Manager (great!) on my Kindle Touch but, correctly, with the last firmware update to 5.3.7.3 version Collections Manager doesn't work.... :-)

Thanks

Stefano
That is correct, 5.3.7.3 is newer than 5.3.7.2 shown in the first post of this thread and CM has not been updated for that specific firmware version.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks