Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-30-2013, 12:50 AM   #31
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I primarily read on an Amazon Kindle Fire HD ... using the Mantano Reader Premium app ... and purchasing the majority of my books (at least lately) from Barnes & Noble. Ecosystem my a**
Interesting. I show that app (at least from the Amazon store) as being incompatible with my FireHD. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend $7 for it, since I don't have a compelling need to read ePub books right now. But I'd be curious what your reasoning is for going that way?
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:34 AM   #32
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Interesting. I show that app (at least from the Amazon store) as being incompatible with my FireHD. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend $7 for it, since I don't have a compelling need to read ePub books right now. But I'd be curious what your reasoning is for going that way?
Dont know if help but Firefox has epub addon.
is there Firefox app on FireHD?
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2013, 03:30 AM   #33
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
The shrieking voice in my radiator tells me that DD is rather adept at converting content.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:45 AM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
While I DO possess the ability to format shift all willy-nilly, the answer is a lot more mundane in this instance. I like every single thing about the Fire HD except the reading app. The line-spacing, the margins, the font-choices--all these things conspired to make me sad. So I conducted a search for the reading app that made me the happiest (epub only because it's just a tad bit easier to fix the occasional wonky book, not because of any inherent format righteousness) and settled on Mantano. It's pleasing to my delicate sensibilities.

And also because I'm clearly THAT guy. Eclectic by nature. The road less traveled. If it ain't rough, it ain't right. You know, a pain in the ass.

EDIT: as far as Mantano being available for the Fire HD in Amazon's store ... I guess I forgot to mention that I primarily patronize the Google Play store (in keeping with my other extra-ecosystem inclinations).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-30-2013 at 05:54 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #35
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, those are the sorts of reasons I would expect, DiapDealer. And it reminds me that I need to do the necessary to be able to use Google Play.
Advert
Old 05-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #36
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post
Dont know if help but Firefox has epub addon.
is there Firefox app on FireHD?
No. But there are ways. However, that would be about my last choice for a way to read books.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:01 AM   #37
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
No. But there are ways. However, that would be about my last choice for a way to read books.
sometimes no choice
better reading than not!
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote