Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-21-2024, 06:58 PM   #1
Mouser
Mouser began at the beginning.

Device: windows laptop
dragging kfx book into calibre not longer gets ok book?\

I've been dragging kindle azw books into calibre for some time and converting them to epub, but when I try to do it with Ellen Riggs latest book Bee All And End All I get an error panel Cannot Convert Bee All And End All exception unexpected blah blah

I tried convert to pdf and got the same type of error.

Is there some way around this? Thank you.
Mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 07:11 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What are you using to download the ebook and is it being downloaded in KFX format? If so, do you have the KFX Input plugin installed?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 07:48 PM   #3
Mouser
Mouser began at the beginning.

Device: windows laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What are you using to download the ebook and is it being downloaded in KFX format? If so, do you have the KFX Input plugin installed?
I'm downloading it with Kindle for PC which runs on my Windows 10 laptop. I installed many things in Calibre, none of which I remember, with the help of people here maybe a year ago to get things to work. I can't find my old posts to contact them.

All I know about KFX is in the convert panel for the books this book and earlier ones that converted successfully says KFX format. When I download a book via Kindle for PC I then find the azw file and drag it into calibre and run convert to epub. on it That has worked for the year or so since I did the big number, now it fails on this recent book.

Last edited by Mouser; 03-21-2024 at 07:50 PM. Reason: TYPO
Mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 08:31 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
An update to date version of DeDRM and the KFX Input plugin should be pretty much all you need in addition to the basic calibre install.

I would suggest using the 10.0.9 version and the latest KFX Input plugin. You can check in the Plugins segment of calibre's preferences to see what versions you currently have installed. If you are feeling a bit enthused, you can try the alpha release of DeDRM from the links at Automatic alpha release with latest changes.

If you still have issues with conversion, then you may want to post in the KFX Input plugin thread.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-21-2024 at 08:34 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote