Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
unwanted table-change (vertical align) by calibre

Hello

I just worked on a html file. It looks a little bit like this: (don't worry about the lines, I just added them so to make it more clear, instead of the lines there is an empty space in my html)

First:__ text text text text
______ text text text text
______ text text text text
Second: another text another text
Third:__more text more text
______ more text more text
______ more text more text

To make it look even I made a table out of it. Also I used <td valign="top"> on the first row of every line, so that the "First", "Second", etc. always comes in the top line.
Then I converted the file with calibre to epub and now it looks like this:

_______ text text text tex
First:___text text text text
_______ text text text text
Second: another text another text
_______ more text more text
Third:__ more text more text
_______ more text more text

I was surprised, so I unziped the epub and looked at the css. And here it says:

.calibre4 {
display: table-row;
vertical-align: middle
}

I changed the vertical-align to "top" and now it looks the way I want it. Is there a way to turn this off ? Or should I overwrite it with with the extra css box. I tried it, but either I am doing it wrong, or it doesn't work. I just copied the .calibre4 with the edited "top" in it.

Basically it ain't that much of a problem, I can easily open the epub and edit the css, but I would like to know if there is an easier way, a way before the epub is finalized

thanks
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use

style="vertical-align:top" instead of valign
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #3
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
thanks, that works
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote