Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
didymus
didymus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Mac problems?

I've had three small, but non-trivial, problems on my iMac with the latest build - 0.6.30:

First, I couldn't copy the app to my Applications folder because of an open operation, called something like "_imagining.so", which I couldn't locate on the Monitor or in a search on the system;

Secondly, now when I click on a book with the intention of, say, deleting it, the Reader activates and pops up; and

Finally, occasionally, when I try to launch Calibre, the icon pops up on the dock, but the app doesn't open???

Any help with these would be welcome.
didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
2) Thats a feature Dont click ont he row numbers. Instead click in the main table.

3) I need the output from Console.app when calibre fails to launch
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 05:38 AM   #3
didymus
didymus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks, Kovid - and thanks for the excellent program!

I happened upon the fact that the pop up only works from the row number, so that one's sorted and I'll send you the console output next time it fails to launch.

How about the first problem? It happened again today when I tried it after receiving your message - of course the program launches happily from the .dmg folder so it's not really a problem.

Wishing you a Happy New Year - when it comes!

Tom Wilson
didymus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:15 AM   #4
drplokta
drplokta began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by didymus View Post
I've had three small, but non-trivial, problems on my iMac with the latest build - 0.6.30:

First, I couldn't copy the app to my Applications folder because of an open operation, called something like "_imagining.so", which I couldn't locate on the Monitor or in a search on the system;
Calibre contains a library file called _imaging.so, and you won't be able to copy over it if it's still open. Try dragging your old Calibre install to Trash before dragging the new one into Applications, and if that fails try rebooting.
drplokta is offline   Reply With Quote