Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
pan2
pan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
amazon html conversion

Just curious how html conversion works (as provided by amazon). I had an html file with a couple images, and I sent the html file only, and amazon complained that it could not convert the file. It didn't say why, but I'm guessing it's the lack of images. Would it would if I had sent the images too? Or is there some other issue?
pan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan2 View Post
Just curious how html conversion works (as provided by amazon). I had an html file with a couple images, and I sent the html file only, and amazon complained that it could not convert the file. It didn't say why, but I'm guessing it's the lack of images. Would it would if I had sent the images too? Or is there some other issue?
Welcome to MobileRead, pan.

Someone here can help you answer your question, I'm sure.

In the meantime, have you sent the file with the images to see if it would help?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Don't really have an answer since I've never used Amazon for conversion, but you could zip the HTML & images together in a folder and use Calibre to convert to Mobi (and/or Mobipocket Creator if you're using Windows).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
pan2
pan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, pan.

Someone here can help you answer your question, I'm sure.

In the meantime, have you sent the file with the images to see if it would help?
I realize that would be the obvious thing to try, so I can't fault you for suggesting it Alas, this was some time ago and I don't have ready access to the html-image package anymore. At the time, I copy-pasted from html to .doc and that worked fine. Just asking now for future reference.
pan2 is offline   Reply With Quote