Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
Calibre 4.102-NY Times problem

Just downloaded 11/06 NTTimes and the Front page, International and national region news all have complete articles..below these sections however, editorials, metro, business, arts, home and garden and obits only contain the title of the article and one line in some cases. The balance of the article is cut off..

Thanks for any help in correcting this..
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
drnkusv
drnkusv began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
For what it's worth, I also fetched the NY Times today with the new release, and I did not have this problem -- all of the articles in all of the sections appear to have fetched properly.
drnkusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
works for me too. Can you try again?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
moosejons_dad
Zealot

I reloaded the software and tried again.

This is the message I get that keeps repeating:
Unable to process image: c:\docume~1\davidl~1\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.4.102 _e6jjup_feeds2lrf\feed_8\article_3\images\img1
cannot identify image file
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...

The result is the same as before.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
moosejons_dad
Zealot

Forgot to mention that every other publication works except the NYTimes.
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosejons_dad View Post
I reloaded the software and tried again.

This is the message I get that keeps repeating:
Unable to process image: c:\docume~1\davidl~1\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.4.102 _e6jjup_feeds2lrf\feed_8\article_3\images\img1
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...

The result is the same as before.
I thought the extraneous u was fixed in 0.4.102.

Processing u'index.html'
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
moosejons_dad
Zealot

I am not into programming so I can not comment.. it is strange however that everything else I download works and not the NYTimes..
Old 11-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I thought the extraneous u was fixed in 0.4.102.

Processing u'index.html'
That was the extraneous u in the output of calibredb list that was fixed
Old 11-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@moosejons_dad

I'll be making another release later today with somewhat more robust news downloading code. Try that and let me know.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #10
moosejons_dad
Zealot

The download of the NYTimes froze even though it showed 100% complete and it never finished. I tried other publications with the 4.103 and they all work except the Times.
Below is the recurring error that was shown.

Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Unable to process image: c:\docume~1\davidl~1\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.4.103 _ikb79e_feeds2lrf\feed_6\article_6\images\img1
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Unable to process image: c:\docume~1\davidl~1\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.4.103 _ikb79e_feeds2lrf\feed_6\article_7\images\img2
Processing u'index.html'
Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you should give it some more time and/or try changing the output format to epub
Old 11-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #12
moosejons_dad
Zealot

I let the download last 11 minutes...I am using the Sony prs 500 and am I correct that epub does not work on the 500?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah no epub on the 500. Leave it for 30mins. That should do the trick
Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #14
jamiepullman
jamiepullman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I'm also having this problem with the Guardian. I've updated to the latest version, but some of the articles are just a couple of lines.
jamiepullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #15
Alvar999
Alvar999 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Also getting this issue with the Guardian, on release.96 was getting approximately 1.8 Mb per day, with full articles and images, since .99 there are no images, lots of articles appear as stubs, download size between 0.3-0.4 Mb each day.
Alvar999 is offline   Reply With Quote