Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #256
Reader2
intentionally left blank
Reader2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (display damage) so 2nd: Nook still working; Sony hardly used;
Hi niche99 & Kovid.
I reported the same error on the wrong place (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54847 0.6.9.Linux install issue) for Linux Ubuntu. After the error Calibre is broken too.

Regards,
Reader2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #257
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm that error indicates a bug in sqlite as far as I can see. When the error occurs, all calibre is creating a new database file with sql dumped from the old database. In any case, if you get that error, it wont affect anything, as calibre will just throaway the new database and continue to use the old one.

EDIT: Still I'll add a workaround in the next release. Since the error doesn't happen for me, I can't test the workaround so test it and let me know.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-29-2009 at 02:53 PM.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #258
GonzoGonzalez
GonzoGonzalez began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Hi Kovidgpyal:

Thanks for fixing the "insert page breaks" bug. The long file name bug is still present, though:
(2, 'No such file or directory')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 57, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 220, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 125, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\usbms\cli.pyo", line 53, in put_file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'M:\\Ivan Iefriemov & Kobo Abe & Rei Bredbieri & Stanislav Liem & Artur Klark & Dzhon Uindiem & Arkadii Strughatskii & Boris Strughatskii & Aiziek Azimov & Kurt Vonnieghut-\\Antologhiia - Ivan Iefriemov & Kobo Abe & Rei Bredbieri & Stanislav Liem & Artur Klark & Dzhon Uindiem & Arkadii Strughatskii & Boris Strughatskii & Aiziek Azimov & Kurt Vonnieghut-ml. .lrf'
It appears that you do crop the path a little, but it is still too long (361 chars here). It probably should be 256 chars at most. I'll test that. Any idea of when it sis gonna be fixed? Got a bunch of books I can't transfer onto my PRS-505.

Thanks,

Michael

P.S. - just tested it. 255 is the maximum path length on PRS-505. Cannot create any folders with longer length than that.

Last edited by GonzoGonzalez; 08-29-2009 at 04:16 PM.
GonzoGonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #259
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will be fixed in next release. In the meantine you can just copy those files over manually using a file manager.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #260
Syniurge
Enthusiast
Syniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-650
Hi,

Lazily reporting that current trunk doesn't detect libusb, and Ubuntu doesn't have /proc/bus/usb/devices :
Quote:
$ calibre
link hasn't been detected!
link hasn't been detected!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/calibre", line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('calibre==0.6.10', 'gui_scripts', 'calibre')()
File "/home/syniurge/Système/ebook-stuff/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 1928, in main
return run_gui(opts, args, actions, listener, app)
File "/home/syniurge/Système/ebook-stuff/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 1838, in run_gui
main = Main(listener, opts, actions)
File "/home/syniurge/Système/ebook-stuff/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 190, in __init__
self.job_manager)
File "/home/syniurge/Système/ebook-stuff/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 90, in __init__
self.scanner = DeviceScanner()
File "/home/syniurge/Système/ebook-stuff/calibre/src/calibre/devices/scanner.py", line 62, in __init__
raise RuntimeError('DeviceScanner requires %s to work.'%_DEVICES)
RuntimeError: DeviceScanner requires /proc/bus/usb/devices to work.

$ ls -l /usr/lib/libusb* /lib/libusb*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 2009-05-03 11:39 /lib/libusb-0.1.so.4 -> libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 35944 2008-11-05 07:42 /lib/libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 2009-05-03 11:39 /usr/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4 -> /lib/libusb-0.1.so.4
Syniurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #261
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

now fixed.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #262
Syniurge
Enthusiast
Syniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a TexanSyniurge might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Indeed, thanks!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #263
Cynnamin
Cynnamin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Sigh, fixed it. Thanks.

Last edited by Cynnamin; 08-30-2009 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Fixed.
Cynnamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #264
dmendozadmd
dmendozadmd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
calibre quitting on me

Just downloaded calibre to my laptop: MacBook Pro 2.56 GHz running Mac OS 10.6; I was able to download the Calibre manual into calibre, then I tried to load a PDF ebook into it and it quit; just quit; I tried again after restarting calibre and it quit again. Is there a problem with calibre running in OS 10.6? I'd like to load all my ebooks I've collected so far within the last few years into calibre...
dmendozadmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #265
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Yes - there is a very long thread about the problems with running Calibre on OS X 10.6.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #266
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Kovid, I don't know what you changed over the last couple of releases, but unmounting is now behaving normally again, even if I mount the PRS505 memory BEFORE starting calibre or AFTER.

I'd been a little busy the last few weeks, and about half that time w/o net access, so I missed all that happened, but thought that I'd leave this message that mounting seems to be working OK again.

Ubuntu 9.04 x86-64 (Intel P8600/4GB)

[EDIT]
sidenote, if what I read is what I think to be correct, Ubuntu is mounting them as USB storage devices assigning one an sdb device and th eother sdd1. (sdb is what my USB memory readers and internal card reader show up as, never seen anything mounted sdd before though... overflow maybe... I just don't bother to keep up with the low level linux kernel stuff any longer since it works fairly well now.)
[/EDIT]

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 09-07-2009 at 11:10 AM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #267
Syniurge
Enthusiast

In Linux Calibre mounts UMS devices with the wearing-friendly "sync" option by the way. Whatever mount program is used in Calibre should get rid of this, if that's its default behavior..
Old 09-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #268
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syniurge View Post
In Linux Calibre mounts UMS devices with the wearing-friendly "sync" option by the way. Whatever mount program is used in Calibre should get rid of this, if that's its default behavior..
It's also user friendly in that it allows you to unplug the device without unmounting it. It will not change.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #269
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Kovid any chance of getting a pref toggle to control whether or not "recipe" downloads will automatically be transferred to a reader? Right now it defaults to sending them to the reading device as soon as it's detected.

(Or am I overlooking an option somewhere?)
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #270
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It's in Preferences->Interface