Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #1
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Onyx Boox T68 lynx mobilereread wiki page

a lot of information, reviews, tips and tricks can now be found on the web about the T68.

Hopefully some kind people will transform this wealth of information into accessible knowledge ... A mobileread wiki page has been started to try to meet this goal : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_T68

everybody is welcome to add knowledge and info into this page or add their own page ! I am sure members of the mobileread wiki (like me or DaleDe) will be eager to answer questions and help

Last edited by pierro78; 06-25-2014 at 02:16 AM.
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:40 AM   #2
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
@pierreo78
you wrote at your wiki-T68 onyx-boox.com as Europe, it is in fact Poland, behind onyx-boox.com is the polish onyx Reseller 'ArtaTech' and of course Poland is in Europe like Germany

Last edited by Dolansky; 06-23-2014 at 05:46 AM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #3
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

corrected, thanks.
(I guess it was just a dumb copy-paste from another wiki article)
Old 06-25-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie

T68 added to the ebook reader matrix : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBoo...#Large_Devices
Old 07-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I have edited the Wiki page to include a brief discussion under Dealers of the firmware differences. If anyone more familiar with this topic than myself gets the chance to look at my changes and make any necessary corrections or enhancements this would be welcome.

At least one poster on T68 topics seems to be a little distressed with his Lynx version, and wants to get rid of the Polish Store and Polish TTS voices. I myself did not appriciate the firmware situation and was surprised to find Ivona missing from the EReader Store Version (my own mistake). It was, of course, a trivial matter for me to install Ivona and even install the beta Australian voice which is excellent.

I am very happy with my purchase.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #6
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I have edited the Wiki page to include a brief discussion under Dealers of the firmware differences. If anyone more familiar with this topic than myself gets the chance to look at my changes and make any necessary corrections or enhancements this would be welcome.

At least one poster on T68 topics seems to be a little distressed with his Lynx version, and wants to get rid of the Polish Store and Polish TTS voices. I myself did not appriciate the firmware situation and was surprised to find Ivona missing from the EReader Store Version (my own mistake). It was, of course, a trivial matter for me to install Ivona and even install the beta Australian voice which is excellent.

I am very happy with my purchase.
thanks !
Old 07-06-2014, 05:21 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
At least one poster on T68 topics seems to be a little distressed with his Lynx version, and wants to get rid of the Polish Store and Polish TTS voices.
It seems strange to be "distressed" by a device having a feature that you don't personally use. Just ignore them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:10 AM   #8
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie

it would be interesting to know if the "international firmware" ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241946 ) can work on a device with "artatech firmware" (onyx-boox.com) ... especially since booxtor says that his firmware solves bugs ...

anybody has tried it ?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #9
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierro78 View Post
it would be interesting to know if the "international firmware" ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241946 ) can work on a device with "artatech firmware" (onyx-boox.com) ... especially since booxtor says that his firmware solves bugs ...

anybody has tried it ?
From what I have read it seems tp be extremely likely that the international firmware can be installed in place of the Arta Tech firmware, with the consequent loss of the Arta Tech extras like Ivona and the Polish Store. One caveat was the suggestion that steps may have been taken to prevent this, as apparently happened with some Russion firmware on one of the other Onyx products. There is no indication that this is the case, but merely the suggestion that because it happened in the other case it is possible.

I add the further caveat that mucking around with the firmware runs a risk of creating a very expsnsive brick, particularly when changing to a different firmward rather than updating an existing one.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #10
darryl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It seems strange to be "distressed" by a device having a feature that you don't personally use. Just ignore them.
Agreed. It does seem a bit strange, unless of course significant resources are consumed by these features simply being there, which I doubt. If I was in his position and feeling the same way I would tend to put up with it rather than making myself the test case for installing the alternate firmware.

Still, each to their own.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #11
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
From what I have read it seems tp be extremely likely that the international firmware can be installed in place of the Arta Tech firmware
No, it doesn't work. I checked it a few days ago.

"Upgrade package and the current models do not meet"
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
It was, of course, a trivial matter for me to install Ivona and even install the beta Australian voice which is excellent.
Hmm, can you tell how to install it then, because I can't even find it in the Google store...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:53 AM   #13
darryl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, can you tell how to install it then, because I can't even find it in the Google store...
You probably missed CME's post just before yours. He tried it and got an error message.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:55 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The previous poster was asking about installing the Ivona app, not an alternative firmware version.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:18 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
You probably missed CME's post just before yours. He tried it and got an error message.
I asked how you managed to install the Ivona TTS... I don't have a Artatech device, so I don't have the TTS. And I can't find it on the Google Store, so for me, it's not a trivial matter to install...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote