Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #61
Nikko73
Enthusiast
Nikko73 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura One (after Hanlin, Sony and other Kobo devices)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Your link is not working. I get taken to the main page of the site.
Here is the correct link:

http://search.dse.com.au/search?w=e9...e0106d1&ts=new
Nikko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #62
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseandpickles View Post
dude, just buy a blackberry charger and call it a day.

I dont see why your being so anal about this.

90% of all micro-usb chargers work, no matter the origin device.

I myself have tested with a nokia, motorola, blackberry and a unversal charger that just had a usb port connected to the usb cable. All work with a 650 with no problem.

Even the ipad charger works, you just cant read with it.
+1 My Blackberry charger is working fine with the 650.
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #63
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I can confirm the Amazon Kindle 3 USB cable and plug work to charge the 350. I have it plugged in now, red light on.........I imagine it will work for the 650 too, will try it later, as I have had that arrive today too
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #64
Kloos
Kloos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Smile PRS-650 Power supply (Europe)

I have a generic USB charger Input: 100-240V 50-60Hz Output DC 5V +- 0.5 1000mA (max) and the charger doesn't work. After a couple of minutes the Reader shows: not connected..... and no red charging light.

I think I buy me a Blackberry charger, but for what model ? 9500 ?
Kloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #65
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I didn't have anything that worked, but I bought this and it worked:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/travelpower/e5bd/
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #66
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
I have a Charge4All charging system that comes with 5 cables, including a micro usb. It works great with my Sony 650. For that matter, I bought a Sony PSP cable (not one of the included cables) for it and used it with my previous Sony 505 and 600, too. I even used it with my old 500.
http://www.charge4all.net/
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #67
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloos View Post
I have a generic USB charger Input: 100-240V 50-60Hz Output DC 5V +- 0.5 1000mA (max) and the charger doesn't work. After a couple of minutes the Reader shows: not connected..... and no red charging light.

I think I buy me a Blackberry charger, but for what model ? 9500 ?
Is it a charger with cable attached or do you have to add your own cable?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #68
hgwlackey
Zealot
hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch, HTC Thunderbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater;
I didn't have anything that worked, but I bought this and it worked:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/travelpower/e5bd/
Excellent! Thank you!
hgwlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #69
Kloos
Kloos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
PRS-650 Power supply (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Is it a charger with cable attached or do you have to add your own cable?
I used the cable that comes with the Sony PRS-650
Kloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:46 AM   #70
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I have found a charger at home.
It was a part of Logitech MX Performance Mouse kit. I have completely forgotten about it
Anyway, I found it yesterday and it says:
Direct Plug in AC/DC
Input: 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz, 013A
Output: 5.15V, 1A

Quote:
You can recharge your mouse through your computer or a wall socket, even while you're using it, with flexible micro-USB charging
Obviously I cannot test it because I don't have 650, however, I would like to hear your opinion. What do you think about it? Would it work with 650?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #71
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
i have an htc evo phone. that charger works on the sony new 650. anyone else try it?
The charger for my wife's HTC Tattoo phone works fine for the Sony PRS-650 too.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #72
Puck
Puck began at the beginning.

Device: IPod Touch, Sony 650
Talking Boxwave chargers work on PRS 650

None of our cell phones use micro USB and I was a little surprised when my Apple international wall charger didn't work on my PRS 650, so I was in need of a wall charger. I ordered the wall charger and the VersaCharger Pro with a minisync cable from Boxwave and I'm pleased to report that they both work on the PRS 650. I gave my mom the wall charger for her reader. I got the international plug set for the VersaCharger for an upcoming trip to New Zealand. I can report now that the VersaCharger with the U.S. plug works fine as a wall charger at home. I'll report back on whether it works in New Zealand when I return in January. For those of you who are still looking for a wall charger other than Sony, give Boxwave a try: http://www.boxwave.com/. They don't list Sony among the devices, but the devices I received look they are universal (no device designation on the packaging). I ordered the chargers for the Nook.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #73
AGB
Headbutting stupidity
AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650
I bought this Belkin charger, figuring I could use it both with my Sammy i780 phone and my just purchased 650, and as it was 1A rated output, I figured it would be enough.

Alas, it doesn't work with the PRS-650

I should have known better - it is white and thus of course have all the shortcomings of anything related to Apple and their stupid products.

Anyway, this is the one that doesn't work:

http://www.lasystems.be/Belkin/F8Z22...ct/184312.html

<
AGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #74
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Huh. I tried my Harmony 700 remote's charger. Same mini USB connector but no good.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It seems most cell phone chargers with the same USB plug seem to work with the 650.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote