Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-02-2024, 06:20 AM   #1
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Help with shelves

I used to have shelves enabled on Calibre, but since a bit of a disaster with my data I have had to reinstall Calibre.

I have managed to restore the database of my book, but the "Shelves" column is missing, and I cannot remember, or find how to add it back.

Would someone be kind enough to post a link for adding the shelved column back please?

I assume now that it's missing I am going to have to go back and redo all the shelves that I did have?
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 06:27 AM   #2
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

OK, just found out how to do it, and answered my own question about having to add shelves again, (yes, I have to).
Advert
Old 03-02-2024, 06:34 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
OK, just found out how to do it, and answered my own question about having to add shelves again, (yes, I have to).
It's not called shelves. It's called collections. Anyone searching won't find this thread because they won't be searching for shelves.

Also, please post how you solved the problem in case anyone else has the same issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 06:53 AM   #4
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not called shelves. It's called collections. Anyone searching won't find this thread because they won't be searching for shelves.

Also, please post how you solved the problem in case anyone else has the same issue.
I followed this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=193184

but I might have meant collections....
Old 03-02-2024, 06:55 AM   #5
Chocky
Addict

Now I've got to find out about collections and how that differs to shelves.
Advert
Old 03-02-2024, 06:58 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Now I've got to find out about collections and how that differs to shelves.
AFAIK Shelves on a Kobo is the old name for Collections.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 07:05 AM   #7
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
AFAIK Shelves on a Kobo is the old name for Collections.
So following the "shelves" should show up properly on my Kobo?

Guess I'll find out when I next plug it in.

Now to sort out the % read column that's also missing
Old 03-02-2024, 08:49 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So following the "shelves" should show up properly on my Kobo?

Guess I'll find out when I next plug it in.

Now to sort out the % read column that's also missing
The correct name is collections.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-02-2024 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:53 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
The correct name is collections.
I think he got the 'hint" already.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 03:27 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I think he got the 'hint" already.
After it was pointed out it's no longer called shelves, he's still calling it shelves. So I don't think he's got it at that point. I'll wait for his next post to see if he's got it or not.
Old 03-02-2024, 04:54 PM   #11
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
After it was pointed out it's no longer called shelves, he's still calling it shelves. So I don't think he's got it at that point. I'll wait for his next post to see if he's got it or not.
I did listen, but does the title of the column have an effect?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coll.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	206644  
Old 03-02-2024, 04:56 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
What's the point in forcing people to use a given term! I know of them as both Shelves and Collections; it's a matter of personal preference.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 05:05 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I did listen, but does the title of the column have an effect?
The column title can be Foo. That is for humans.
The lookup name (#customcolumn name) is what you use when you configure the device driver/ or plugins.
connect the device. When the Icon appears on the toolbar, Right click, Configure... <location varies by device...look around >
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 10:03 PM   #14
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The column title can be Foo. That is for humans.
The lookup name (#customcolumn name) is what you use when you configure the device driver/ or plugins.
connect the device. When the Icon appears on the toolbar, Right click, Configure... <location varies by device...look around >
I'll look next time it's connected, thanks.
Old 03-03-2024, 04:31 AM   #15
Chocky
Addict

Okay, I'm trying to set up a "collections" column, it's all OK apart from this line which I do not understand.

"For Collections columns, enter series (all lowercase). (Or if you want Kobo's Collections to be populated with your Shelves in Calibre, enter #myshelves)"

I assume it's "series" if I want to sort out my collections manually, but if I want Calibre to read what is on the Kobo and list it's collections it's "#myshelves"?

If I use "#myshelves" and choose my "collections" manually on Calibre, will the collections still be correct on my Kobo?