Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-07-2023, 12:21 PM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Walmart+ -- exp 13 Jul
Quote:
Limited time only!

Get 50% off an annual Walmart+ membership*

That’s only $49 for the first year! Plus, get early access to deals & limited-time offers.

*Pay $49 for the first year of an annual membership. Not available to InHome members or current, paid annual members or members with a current plan through a third party offer other than those offers through YouTube, GamePass, and Panera. Offer expires 7/13/2023.
Quote:
Get early access to the hottest deals starting 7/10 at Noon ET when you sign up this week
Quote:
Explore Walmart+ benefits
  • Video streaming with Paramount+
  • Free delivery from your store
  • Free shipping with no order minimum
  • Member savings on fuel
  • Walmart Rewards for members
  • Mobile scan & go
  • Early access
  • Returns from home
  • Video streaming with Pluto TV
Quote:
Terms & Conditions

By signing up for the annual plan, you agree that we will charge $49 plus applicable taxes to the selected payment card on file. After the first year, your plan will auto-renew for $98/year plus applicable taxes to your selected payment method (or any other payment method on file if the selected payment method is not available) until you cancel. Cancel through your Account prior to the renewal date to avoid future charges. See full terms.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-07-2023 at 12:36 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 02:41 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Pluto is not a Walmart+ benefit. Pluto TV is free.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2023, 02:48 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Pluto is not a Walmart+ benefit. Pluto TV is free.
Quote:
Video streaming with Pluto TV

Watch select ad-free streaming content that changes each month.
I know it's free and I'm assuming it's the "select ad-free streaming content" that's the benefit. Otherwise, I have no idea why Walmart counted it as a benefit.
Old 07-07-2023, 02:52 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I know it's free and I'm assuming it's the "select ad-free streaming content" that's the benefit. Otherwise, I have no idea why Walmart counted it as a benefit.
Do you know what level of subscription of Paramount+ Walmart is giving for free?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 03:21 PM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you know what level of subscription of Paramount+ Walmart is giving for free?
The basic plan with ads. Paramount just raised their prices for that plan from $4.99/mo to $5.99/mo and $49.99/yr to $59.99/yr. They also raised the prices for their premium (ad-free) plans.

I'm currently using the basic plan from a deal I got last BF. It was 50% off for an annual plan, which set me back $25 for the year. It's due for renewal in Nov. I'll see what Paramount and Walmart offer for BF and decide if I'll renew or not.

As it stands today, getting it with a Walmart+ membership is the better deal.
Advert
Old 07-07-2023, 06:07 PM   #51
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
I got suckered into WM+. At the time I joined they were advertising "free" refills for certain prescription drugs which would have essentially paid for my membership. They reneged on the drug benefit a few days after I joined.

Be aware that they swap out benefits as the mood strikes them. They partnered with a music streaming service but swapped out for paramount +... so who knows how long that will last.
Paramount+ is OK but I personally thought the commercials a bit excessive.

Store delivery has a minimum and they "recommended" a $7 tip per trip. How is that free? I suppose you could skip the tip but how long before you get rotten apples, mashed bananas and extra spit seasoning in your salad? Just a thought.

Free shipping really is free and it is 2 day fed ex. Catch is not everything is available for shipping.

Member saving on fuel. IIRC it is $0.10 gal on SOME brands at SOME places. I have Costco and they are always cheaper.

Walmart rewards are like coupons... I never bothered.

Mobile scan and go. Good idea but poorly implemented. Scan the item with app when you put it in your cart and you are ready to check out with one swipe. The problem is you still have to process through a register so you still end up waiting in line. SAMS Club has a better version.

No clue on the rest. Never used.

Last edited by tch65721; 07-07-2023 at 07:07 PM.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 01:52 PM   #52
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
I got suckered into WM+. At the time I joined they were advertising "free" refills for certain prescription drugs which would have essentially paid for my membership. They reneged on the drug benefit a few days after I joined.
You should have called and demanded a refund if the removed the benefit so close to your signing up! And if they refused, did a chargeback on them. That's some serious bullshit to remove a major benefit.

I've been considering trying them out, so your post is helpful.

Quote:
Store delivery has a minimum and they "recommended" a $7 tip per trip. How is that free? I suppose you could skip the tip but how long before you get rotten apples, mashed bananas and extra spit seasoning in your salad? Just a thought.
I think that's reasonable, they wouldn't want to send out delivery people with a single candy bar, bag of chips, bunch of bananas, etc. I think the important question is if the minimum is lower for Walmart+ members than it is for the general public. Do you know on that? Also, the tip is because they're too cheap to pay the delivery people a decent wage and (at least around here) have to use their own cars. They get the same hourly rate as the rest of the employees.

Quote:
Free shipping really is free and it is 2 day fed ex. Catch is not everything is available for shipping.

Member saving on fuel. IIRC it is $0.10 gal on SOME brands at SOME places. I have Costco and they are always cheaper.
Yeah, Walmart's great with shipping speed. I've used them some by reaching the minimum order for free shipping and stuff arrives in one to two days. But what can and can't be shipped is a mystery and changes. Sometimes I can pad out my order with some generic Gas-X or deodorant, but they won't always ship it. Got a dozen sticks of deodorant once, shipped to my house. (I like to stock up.) Next time I tried to get some, it was pick up at the store only.

As for gas, every time I've gotten gas at Sam's club & the Murphy station by the local Walmart, my car would start cutting out for a few minutes after the fill up. They seem to have water in their tanks perpetually, so I avoid them like the plague. Costco usually beats the prices at my local stations, but it's 45 mins away so I can only use it when I'm in Knoxville for some other reason. Costs me $20+ in gas for the round trip.

Quote:
Mobile scan and go. Good idea but poorly implemented. Scan the item with app when you put it in your cart and you are ready to check out with one swipe. The problem is you still have to process through a register so you still end up waiting in line. SAMS Club has a better version.
Can you do the scan and go payment at the self checkouts? If so, that'd probably speed things up. I rarely have to wait for a self checkout in town, and not for long in Knoxville.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 04:27 PM   #53
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
You should have called and demanded a refund if the removed the benefit so close to your signing up! And if they refused, did a chargeback on them. That's some serious bullshit to remove a major benefit.

I've been considering trying them out, so your post is helpful.

I think that's reasonable, they wouldn't want to send out delivery people with a single candy bar, bag of chips, bunch of bananas, etc. I think the important question is if the minimum is lower for Walmart+ members than it is for the general public. Do you know on that? Also, the tip is because they're too cheap to pay the delivery people a decent wage and (at least around here) have to use their own cars. They get the same hourly rate as the rest of the employees.
I agree a minimum order is reasonable and IIRC it was $35 the same as for non members. That may have changed.
The point I was attempting to make was the it may technically be "free delivery from store" if you want to risk not paying the tip. I wouldn't. So realistically, delivery is $7. It may be worth it to some but I'm retired and live three miles from a supercenter. Five minute drive. I'll keep the $7 in my pocket, thanks.

Quote:
Can you do the scan and go payment at the self checkouts? If so, that'd probably speed things up. I rarely have to wait for a self checkout in town, and not for long in Knoxville.
Yes, you can use self checkout.
Maybe where you live but I often have to wait in line for a self checkout. Sam's is similar but much better. A couple of people at the exit with scan tools scan your total and three items in your cart. It takes less than 10 seconds.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 04:52 PM   #54
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

misc Amazon Prime Day Deals

Amazon Go -- exp 12 Jul
Quote:
Amazon Go: $5 store credit --> offer details

Now through July 12, spend $10 at an Amazon Go store and you’ll get $5 to spend on your next visit. To redeem, customers must purchase through the Amazon app, linked credit card, or Amazon One at the gates. Learn more about the Amazon Go offer.

Amazon Go is our take on a convenience store and offers customers a wide range of grab-and-go items from sandwiches to salads, everyday essentials, and more. Find an Amazon Go store near you.
Prime Student -- limited time -- WSL
Quote:
Prime Student: $6 video credit

From July 2, eligible customers who sign up for a new Prime Student membership can receive a $6 credit to rent or buy titles on Prime Video while supplies last.

Prime Student is a discounted membership that gives students all the benefits of a regular Prime membership for just $7.49 per month after a six-month free trial. On top of that, they enjoy exclusive perks like discounts on StudentUniverse Travel and Course Hero.

Learn more about Prime Student.
Grubhub -- 11~12 Jul
Quote:
Get $15 off Grubhub orders of $25+

This Prime day—running July 11-12—Prime members can get $15 off Grubhub orders of $25+ with code GRUBPRIME.
Grubhub -- limited time
Quote:
Get a Year of Grubhub+ for FREE --> offer details

Prime members in the U.S. can also enjoy a one-year Grubhub+ membership trial (a $120 value), which gives you unlimited $0 delivery fees on all eligible orders over $12, before tax, tip, and other applicable fees. You can devour this perk at hundreds of thousands of restaurants in over 4,000 cities across the country. This deal is not limited to Prime Day but is exclusive to Prime members. Start your free Grubhub+ membership trial and enjoy $0 delivery fees. Terms apply.
One Medical -- exp 12 Jul
Quote:
Save $55 on annual One Medical membership --> offer details

The membership is usually $199 per year. This deal is already live now through the end of Prime Day.

One Medical joined Amazon in early 2023, and One Medical is now offering a discount for new U.S. members.

Now through Prime Day, only Prime members can get their first year of a One Medical membership for $144 per year (usually $199, 28% savings). That’s the equivalent of $12 a month.

Visit One Medical and use code OMPRIME to redeem this special Prime Day offer and receive $55 off your first year of membership. You can also find additional details about the offer and One Medical there.

more...

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-09-2023 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-09-2023, 10:27 AM   #55
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Target

Target Circle Week --> details -- 09~15 Jul

This is Target's version of Prime Day and it's pretty pathetic so far.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-10-2023 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-10-2023, 07:33 AM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Best Buy

Black Friday in July --> details -- 10~12 Jul
Quote:
Also, My Best Buy Plus™ and My Best Buy Total™ members get exclusive deals.

Ends 7/12/23 at 11:59 p.m. CT. Prices valid during, but may start before and end after, the sale dates. Select offers may only apply to My Best Buy Plus™ and My Best Buy Total™ members. Limited quantities.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-10-2023 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2023, 07:58 AM   #57
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Best Buy’s Black Friday in July

Quote:
Sale brings the heat July 10-12

Our annual Black Friday in July savings event is nearly here! You heard that right, you don’t have to wait until November to take advantage of big savings on all your favorite tech.

We’re bringing shoppers hundreds of deals on the summer’s latest tech on July 10 through July 12. So, whether you’re looking to treat yourself to something new or get a jump start on back-to-school shopping, we have you covered at Best Buy.

My Best Buy Plus™ and My Best Buy Total™ members also get access to exclusive deals and deeper discounts during the Black Friday in July sale, so be sure to keep a close eye on BestBuy.com.

Circle your calendar and set a reminder! When the sale kicks off next week, head over to BestBuy.com, the Best Buy app or swing into one of our stores and shop these extra sweet summer savings.
Quote:
Black Friday in July deals

Here’s the first look at just some of the savings available during the sale, including exclusive offers for My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members starting July 10.

* Save $200 on select models of MacBook Pro. My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members save an additional $50 (up to $250 in savings).

* Save $780 on HP Omen Gaming Laptop. My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members save an additional $100 ($880 total savings).

* Save up to $600 on select Windows laptops. My Best Buy and My Best Buy Total members save up to $700 on select Windows laptops.

* Save $50 on 65-inch Roku 4K Smart TV. My Best Buy Plus and My Best Buy Total members save an additional $30 ($80 total savings).

more...

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-10-2023 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-10-2023, 08:30 AM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Newegg

FantasTech Sale --> details -- 10~14 Jul
Old 07-10-2023, 12:10 PM   #59
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Walmart

Walmart Plus Week -- exp 11 Jul @ 11:59 am ET -- Walmart+ Members Only

Walmart+ Membership -- $49/year --> details -- exp 13 Jul -- new customers only

Quote:
Get early access with Walmart+

Shop deals now* + 50% off annual membership.**

*Paid members only. While supplies last. **Terms apply.

Members get first dibs on hot deals until 7/11 at 11:59am ET

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-10-2023 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:44 PM   #60
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The Prime Day Deal is in effect on Fire tablets (for Prime members only, apparently).

This is the deal for the newest one, Fire Max 11:

- Tablet only (64/128 GB) $149.99/199.99 (list $229.99/279.99)
- Keyboard bundle (64 GB only?) $239.98 (list $319.98)
- Productivity bundle with keyboard and stylus $249.99/299.99 (list $354.97/404.97)

https://www.amazon.com/Introducing-A...dp/B0C1N3YCP3/

Of course the entire lineup is marked down (Fire 7 starts at $39.99).

Almost no point to getting Keyboard bundle as Productivity is only $10 more.

With trade-in of an HD 8 Plus that I'm not using, it's only about $175 for Productivity bundle (and the combined credit is about what a new HD 8 Plus costs on Prime Day).

I am skeptical that it would be a good device to create and edit Notebooks (if and when they add this functionality), but in any case I want to give it a try.

[I am not seeing the additional 20% promotional credit applied after adding to cart, as expected. So may have to try again later...]

Last edited by tomsem; 07-10-2023 at 10:01 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote