Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-14-2024, 03:14 AM   #1
baursak
baursak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2021) Signature Edition
Windows reinstall: Calibre former database, config folder...

how do I prepare my personal essential data from C: drive (Calibre former database, config folder, ...) before Windows reinstall?
- what should I save 'before'?
- how should I restore all 'after'?
baursak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 03:23 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The simplest way: copy the entire library folder and the configuration folder to a USB stick or an external drive; after the reinstall, copy/paste them back to your computer to the same location they were before, and point Calibre to the library folder (Switch/create library -> use the previously existing library at the new location) if it doesn't detect the library automatically.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 05:53 AM   #3
baursak
baursak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2021) Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
The simplest way: copy the entire library folder and the configuration folder to a USB stick or an external drive; after the reinstall, copy/paste them back to your computer to the same location they were before, and point Calibre to the library folder (Switch/create library -> use the previously existing library at the new location) if it doesn't detect the library automatically.
thanks a lot !
baursak is offline   Reply With Quote