Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2024, 05:30 PM   #1
el_vandragon
el_vandragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite SE
Question Save to Disk OPF Version Mismatch

Currently if I have a EPUB 3 book and if I use the save to disk feature with an external OPF file it creates an OPF file that has package version 2, this means it uses fields such as "calibre:series" instead of "belongs-to-collection", is there a way to make it so that the created OPF matches the EPUB version of the book? (For example uses EPUB 3 fields if book was EPUB 3 or EPUB 2 fields if book was EPUB 2)
el_vandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 08:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, the external OPF is in the format calibre uses internally, which is stable, not whatever flavor of the year format EPUB is currently using.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 01:59 AM   #3
el_vandragon
el_vandragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite SE
I see, thanks for clarifying!
el_vandragon is offline   Reply With Quote