Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-03-2024, 04:08 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR

Hello,
I am using Calibre 7.6 ti import a number of epub on my Elipsa, 1st series.
I am getting lots of "PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR VALUE: UNKNOWN FIELD SERIES_INDEX:0>25 || -" on my ereader.
I am not familiar with this error, I saw thet I have Kobo Utilities 2.16.13 which should help to update the metadata, but it seems I do not know how to use it properly.
Can somebody point me to the right place where I could find some help ?
Thank you
Bruno
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 05:02 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
First thought: the message shows SERIES_INDEX. It should be lower_case. Also there shouldn't be a space after the 25.

It would help if you post the actual plugboard template.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 01:34 AM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
First thought: the message shows SERIES_INDEX. It should be lower_case. Also there shouldn't be a space after the 25.

It would help if you post the actual plugboard template.
I'd wilingly do it, if you tell me where I can find it. Thanks and sorry for being a bit clumsy.
I am new to this, never "consciously" used the plugboard, just saw the KoboUtilities plugin. The capitals is how the message is shown on the Elipsa.

Bruno

P.S. I found something in the metadata plugboard, is that it ?

epub:KOBOTOUCH = ([{series_index;0>2s|| - }{title}] -> title)

Last edited by brudigia; 03-04-2024 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:29 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking at the code, it seems like the template used for the subtitle is the problem. What do you have in the Kobo driver in the "subtitle" box on the "Metadata, on device and advanced" tab?
Old 03-04-2024, 02:26 PM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Looking at the code, it seems like the template used for the subtitle is the problem. What do you have in the Kobo driver in the "subtitle" box on the "Metadata, on device and advanced" tab?
Sorry for the delay, but I am working through the day.
I'd say it is empty, as per default, I suppose
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Metadata.png
Views:	25
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	206706  
Old 03-04-2024, 05:10 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I am out of ideas. The best thing to do now is to run calibre in debug mode, do whatever it is you do to make the error appear, then post the debug log.

To get a debug log, do
  1. Start calibre.
  2. Click on the down arrow next to the Preferences button
  3. Choose "Restart in debug mode".
  4. Wait for calibre to restart.
  5. Connect your Kobo.
  6. Wait for the connection process to finish.
  7. Do whatever you do to get the error.
  8. Close calibre.
  9. Post the entire log that appears in a dialog.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:06 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Could you take a look at the Subtitle box on the second page of the MDE for the book(s) and see what is in there?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:08 AM   #8
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
I am out of ideas. The best thing to do now is to run calibre in debug mode, do whatever it is you do to make the error appear, then post the debug log.

To get a debug log, do
  1. Start calibre.
  2. Click on the down arrow next to the Preferences button
  3. Choose "Restart in debug mode".
  4. Wait for calibre to restart.
  5. Connect your Kobo.
  6. Wait for the connection process to finish.
  7. Do whatever you do to get the error.
  8. Close calibre.
  9. Post the entire log that appears in a dialog.
Thanks for the help.
I deleted on the Elipsa one of the books which had the plugboard problem and reloaded it through Calibre. Title is The Rats, the Bats, and the Ugly, by Dave Freer.
Then I uploaded 3 other books which had the problems, still were present in the Elipsa but did not show up in Calibre as being in the Elipsa. They still have the plugboard problem. Enclosed log
Attached Files
File Type: txt Debug.log.txt (216.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-05-2024, 05:46 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for the log. That helped me find the problem. It was actually staring me in the face from some time back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I'd wilingly do it, if you tell me where I can find it. Thanks and sorry for being a bit clumsy.
I am new to this, never "consciously" used the plugboard, just saw the KoboUtilities plugin. The capitals is how the message is shown on the Elipsa.

Bruno

P.S. I found something in the metadata plugboard, is that it ?

This is indeed the problem. Note the semicolon between "series_index" and "0>2s". That must be a colon, not semicolon, as in
Code:
epub:KOBOTOUCH = ([{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}] -> title)
Old 03-05-2024, 04:23 PM   #10
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Thanks for the log. That helped me find the problem. It was actually staring me in the face from some time back.
This is indeed the problem. Note the semicolon between "series_index" and "0>2s". That must be a colon, not semicolon, as in
Code:
epub:KOBOTOUCH = ([{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}] -> title)
I must have done something wrong. In the attached pic I am showing what I can see on my Elipsa, and on the screenshot how I followed your kind instructions. What did I do wrong ? Apologies, I copied exactly your code. Is the definition field wrong ?
Bruno
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-05 221110.png
Views:	21
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	206723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-05 222207.png
Views:	31
Size:	571.5 KB
ID:	206724  

Last edited by brudigia; 03-05-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:39 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The plugboard has 3 parts
Who
What
Where
Who is any/specific Kobo AND what format this applies to (you can have different rules based upon format)
What is the data that I wish to insert/adjust
Where is where your manipulations end up

(Sorry for the image, I only need a plugboard when I use a Kindle. I just use Kobo natural series support)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PlugboardK.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	206729  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 04:43 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I must have done something wrong. In the attached pic I am showing what I can see on my Elipsa, and on the screenshot how I followed your kind instructions. What did I do wrong ? Apologies, I copied exactly your code.
Bruno
You must fix the broken metadata plugboard that you showed me in post #3.

The Plugboard display should look like this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard04.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	206731  
Old 03-05-2024, 04:58 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I must have done something wrong. In the attached pic I am showing what I can see on my Elipsa, and on the screenshot how I followed your kind instructions. What did I do wrong ? Apologies, I copied exactly your code. Is the definition field wrong ?
Bruno
What you need to do is to edit the line that currently reads:

and replace the semi-colon in index;0>2s with a : so the result would be index:0>2s.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:32 PM   #14
brudigia
Evangelist

PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR - It works!

Thank you all for the time spent in helping me. It works now, I do not know how I got into this problem, solving it was a great relief.

Thank you again
Bruno
Old 03-06-2024, 06:34 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist

I'd suspect a simple typo and since the semi-colon looks a lot like a colon unless you look at it closely not that easy to spot.