Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-06-2024, 10:03 AM   #1
IanJBattaglia
IanJBattaglia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Error Importing New Books into Calibre 7.6

Hi there,

I've been using Calibre to manage my ebook library for my Kobo Sage for a few years now. I imported a few new books yesterday, but when I went to add a book this morning, I got an error:

Code:
calibre, version 7.6.0
ERROR: Cannot add books: Failed to add any books, click "Show details" for more information.

Worker process crashed while sending common data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 252, in handle_event
  File "calibre\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 117, in set_common_data
  File "calibre\utils\ipc\__init__.py", line 24, in eintr_retry_call
  File "multiprocessing\connection.py", line 199, in send_bytes
  File "multiprocessing\connection.py", line 279, in _send_bytes
BrokenPipeError: [WinError 232] The pipe is being closed
This is just an epub file. I tried updating my app to the latest version, but no luck. Any ideas how I could resolve this?
IanJBattaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Something on your computer is interfering with calibre most likely an antivirus or security program. Try rebooting in safe mode.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 11:41 AM   #3
IanJBattaglia
IanJBattaglia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Hey, thanks for the quick response. I'm not running any antivirus software besides the default Windows 11 security settings. I just tried a reboot, and still no luck. Do you know how I might be able to add an exception for Calibre?

*EDIT: I decided to simply uninstall and reinstall, and that fixed it (without disturbing my library / plugins, even.) Thanks!

Last edited by IanJBattaglia; 03-06-2024 at 11:44 AM.
IanJBattaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 12:08 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Great news.
A Windows update may have had a pending portion that messed up the original Calibre install. The reboot, completed that update.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
7.6, import error