Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
stasieks
stasieks began at the beginning.

Device: Sibrary
Sibrary id dead ?!

A friend of mine asked me if this device can be repaired. She updated the software (bios ??) in her e-reader and it died (I guess the update went wrong).

The screen is frozen, nothing works, screen looks the same even with battery off. Is there any chance for this device to work again.

stasieks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Turn it off? It says the update went well, and usually you'll have to turn the device off completely (removing battery won't work).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
After some Googling, I found the Chinese site that sells the Sibrary. Here are some parts of the Google translated FAQ:

Quote:
9, G6 encounter crashes, how to deal with?
You can set aside the battery, reboot. Or press the power button for 5 seconds, the machine automatically condolences electricity.

12, why always upgrade is not successful?
1) First check your update packet is copied to the root directory or subdirectory? If it is copied to a subfolder under the upgrade can not be read, must be copied to the root directory of upgrade to complete.
2) to check how much you are using a TF card upgrade? Currently only supports 2G TF card upgrade or less. TF card is too large can not be upgraded. Another TF card in the format required when you select FAT format and quick format. (Recommended when you upgrade using the configuration of our original 2G TF card)
3) confirm whether or press any key + power key to upgrade
There is a place to ask questions on the product page here.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
stasieks
stasieks began at the beginning.

Device: Sibrary
The reader is completely dead. I can't turn it on or off, computer connected to USB does not see it. I removed the card and battery - nothing. Reseting does not work.
stasieks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasieks View Post
The reader is completely dead. I can't turn it on or off, computer connected to USB does not see it. I removed the card and battery - nothing. Reseting does not work.
Does the reader have a wall charger? If so, charge it overnight then try again.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
solution

i bought a boyue g10 (the second version of this one) and i have the same problem.

when i was desesperate two weeks later, i found a tool in a chine page called RKDevelopTool. I connect the ebook via usb, load a img firmware update, and i push the "Get Bad block status" buton. Suddenly, the frozen display wake up.

It's a long time ago from the original post, but its important that someone that looks for a g10 frozen eink display knows how to proceed.

Sorry for my english.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rockchip.png
Views:	1378
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	120585  
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #7
dcrystalj
dcrystalj doesn't litterdcrystalj doesn't litter

Device: kindle touch 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreti View Post
i bought a boyue g10 (the second version of this one) and i have the same problem.

when i was desesperate two weeks later, i found a tool in a chine page called RKDevelopTool. I connect the ebook via usb, load a img firmware update, and i push the "Get Bad block status" buton. Suddenly, the frozen display wake up.

It's a long time ago from the original post, but its important that someone that looks for a g10 frozen eink display knows how to proceed.

Sorry for my english.
Hi!
Can you please provide a link to RKDevelopTool program and link to firmware?
Please please, my G10 cannot boot anymore, i have no idea why
dcrystalj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
The tools:
https://github.com/onyx-intl/rk_tool/archive/master.zip

There are several folders, one of then is named 开发工具, and inside there is a program called RKDevelopTool.exe. Change the name of the folder to ascii characters, and after it to put the program in english, you must push the button language (see the image in the other post). My solution was push the Get Bad block status.

i found two types of firmware. One of then, must be colocated in a formated with FAT (not FAT32) sd card of 2G. After formatting, copy the file update-sd.img into the sd, and start the ebook pushing at same time the power and ok button for at least five seconds.
This is the official last firmware
http://download.boyue.com/downloads/G10-0723.rar

The other firmware, necesary to use the tool, in a chinese page http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTmHYcB.
Direct link: http://117.27.243.40/cdn.baidupcs.co...wsiphost=ipdbm

with this firmware, you can use other tool included called RKDeviceManage, which can update the firmware without a SD card.

To use this programs, you must connect the g10 to the pc via usb, and push the buttons ok and power for five seconds or so.
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #9
dcrystalj
dcrystalj doesn't litterdcrystalj doesn't litter

Device: kindle touch 4
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreti View Post
The tools:
https://github.com/onyx-intl/rk_tool/archive/master.zip

There are several folders, one of then is named 开发工具, and inside there is a program called RKDevelopTool.exe. Change the name of the folder to ascii characters, and after it to put the program in english, you must push the button language (see the image in the other post). My solution was push the Get Bad block status.

i found two types of firmware. One of then, must be colocated in a formated with FAT (not FAT32) sd card of 2G. After formatting, copy the file update-sd.img into the sd, and start the ebook pushing at same time the power and ok button for at least five seconds.
This is the official last firmware
http://download.boyue.com/downloads/G10-0723.rar

The other firmware, necesary to use the tool, in a chinese page http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTmHYcB.
Direct link: http://117.27.243.40/cdn.baidupcs.co...wsiphost=ipdbm

with this firmware, you can use other tool included called RKDeviceManage, which can update the firmware without a SD card.

To use this programs, you must connect the g10 to the pc via usb, and push the buttons ok and power for five seconds or so.
Thanks man! I found best solution was to download original firmware and put it on FAT SD card. And run it just as you said.

Is there any ql difference on second firmware ?
I really miss some features on my G10. Do you know if there is a way to put amazons firmware on it? The most missing feature for me is not being able to put content on it via email. Every time I have to connect cable, send, restart it and then open the file. It is far to long process for me.
dcrystalj is offline   Reply With Quote