Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
kindleren
kindleren began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
How to set "View Sections & Articles"

I use calibre to convert an html file to a mobi file, copy the mobi file to my kindle, open the mobi file by kindle,then I'll seen "View Sections & Articles" on the bottom of the kindle screen.When I click the middle of the 5-way control button, a list of articles appears on the screen.
I want to know how to make the mobi file has this feature?
I try to make it using CLI "ebook-convert a.html a.mobi --level1-toc //h:h2" but there is no "View Sections & Articles" on the bottom of the kindle screen, there is only a table of content in the end of the file.
kindleren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
kindleren
kindleren began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Up Up
kindleren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
DOWN DOWN DOWN
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
up up down down left right left right b a start
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Erementaa
Erementaa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
up up up! I'm looking for the same answer f^_^;;

I have my content in Framemaker 10, then I export it to HTML.
I use Sigil to convert the HTML to ePub, then I export to MOBI through Calibre.
Sigil have a tool to generate a Table of Contents and you can specify a hierarchy for each tag and it works as a makers in Kindle pretty well, But still I cannot get the "Sections & Articles" navigation menu.
Anyway I'm in the process to find the way without so much manual coding (I have to divide and export a book of 600 pages). I'll share the solution here if I can find a easy way
Erementaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #7
apo182
apo182 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
bump I'm trying to create sections & articles feature to mobi using ebook-convert .html to .mobi file.

TOC is done properly but I can't manage to add sections in the top bar. Any ideas?
apo182 is offline   Reply With Quote