Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #1
Hityr5yr
Hityr5yr began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Feature Request: Joining 2 or more input files into one otput

Hi there,

I just wander if it would be possible to convert 2 or more, let say fb2 files into one epub?

I think it would be very useful when one wants to put together some number of an author storries in one book (one volume).

Thank you!
Hityr5yr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
flinx1
flinx1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
You could just convert to RTF and use copy+paste.
flinx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hityr5yr View Post
Hi there,

I just wander if it would be possible to convert 2 or more, let say fb2 files into one epub?

I think it would be very useful when one wants to put together some number of an author storries in one book (one volume).

Thank you!
Use Sigil .2(now in beta) to build your Final EPUB from sources.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Use Sigil .2(now in beta) to build your Final EPUB from sources.
I agree - use Sigil. IMHO, this is more of an editing function than an ebook management function. I'd hate to see effort diverted from Calibre's core ebook management and conversion functions towards supporting functions that are done much better in a dedicated editor.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I agree - use Sigil. IMHO, this is more of an editing function than an ebook management function. I'd hate to see effort diverted from Calibre's core ebook management and conversion functions towards supporting functions that are done much better in a dedicated editor.
I am waiting for the ability to open the Calibre Meta-data editor and click a Sigil icon to fix my document.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I am waiting for the ability to open the Calibre Meta-data editor and click a Sigil icon to fix my document.
A configurable editor for each format would be nice. I read my txt format books in a txt editor, so I can instantly fix any problems I see (when reading on the desktop PC). That works for any format that has an editor that is also suitable for reading, but most editors make poor readers.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
That would be nice. We currently read any ebook type with either Calibre or the reader of our choice via a configurable preference setting. A similar edit-with configurable preference setting would be an excellent addition.

Currently I just right click on the book I want edited in the Calibre library window and select Open containing folder. When the folder opens I right click on the ePub file and select Open With - Sigil.

This is a easy interim solution.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:52 AM   #8
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hityr5yr View Post

If you have the books in HTML format (or convert them to HTML), then you can create an index file with links to each book, and process the index file through calibre with --max-levels set to at least one, and it will produce one file with all the books.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote