Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Sigwolf
Sigwolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unfortunately, another "Failed: Generate catalog"

I've seen a bunch of these threads in this forum, but none of the posted answers have worked for me. The last version I can say worked for sure was 0.8.62. I know that 0.8.69 and 0.9.5 generate an error instead of a catalog, whether I pick 2 or 3 books or my entire library. I am using Win7-64.

Spoiler:

calibre, version 0.9.5 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Conversion Error: Failed: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Sections: Authors, Titles, Series, Genres, Recently Added, Descriptions
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating mobi for kindle in GUI environment, locale: 'en'
connected_device: 'None'
book count: 256
opts:
author_clip: 60
catalog_title: u'Book Catalog'
connected_kindle: False
creator: u'Wednesday, November 7, 2012'
description_clip: 100
exclude_genre: u'\\[.+\\]'
exclusion_rules: ((u'Catalogs', u'Tags', u'Catalog'),)
fmt: u'mobi'
header_note_source_field: ''
merge_comments_rule: '::True'
output_profile: 'kindle'
prefix_rules: ((u'Read book', u'Tags', u'+', u'\u2713'),)
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sort_descriptions_by_author: True
sync: False
thumb_width: u'1.00'
use_existing_cover: False
Books excluded by tag:
- 'Book Catalog' by calibre (Exclusion rule 'Catalogs')
Added prefixes:
Python function terminated unexpectedly
u'Tags' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 186, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 68, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi.py", line 333, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 153, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 979, in fetch_books_to_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 920, in _populate_title
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 585, in discover_prefix
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 576, in _log_prefix_rule_match_info
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 803, in metadata_for_field
File "site-packages\calibre\library\field_metadata.py", line 424, in __getitem__
KeyError: u'Tags'

Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?
Sigwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The fix for that bug is already submitted, will be in the next release (0.9.6).

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
Sigwolf

Thanks for the quick reply. Just out of curiousity, do you know what caused the bug? Is there something specific to my collection that causes it to happen, or is just more of a mainstream issue that effects most users?
Old 11-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The problem had nothing to do with your collection. I had added some diagnostic code that displayed the source of an added prefix (Tags or custom column). When the source was a tag, the problem occurred. You can confirm this by temporarily disabling any prefix rules whose source is Tags.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Sigwolf

G, 0.9.6 did indeed fix the problem, and I can once again generate a catalog. Thanks again for the help and quick response.
Advert