Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #166
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Julie Garwood's Castles is currently $0.01 on Amazon
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #167
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
It has to be a mistake. Penguin never discounts their books like that. I would quickly grab it before it's fixed ladies!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #168
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Thank you!
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #169
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just so you know Castles is Book 4 in the Crown's Spies series.
  1. The Lion's Lady
  2. Guardian Angel
  3. The Gift
  4. Castles
Old 07-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #170
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
I am really enjoying my DANL membership, and am excited about the August selections. May have to use an old credit and pick up more than one! I'm starting to worry about the regular rates, though. The fact that they haven't come out with the info and the renewal date is drawing ever closer makes me... suspicious. I really hope they don't price me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Hehe, I don't think so. I didn't even know the miniseries existed, despite it having come out in 1995. We were/are a tv-less family. I bought the whole thing in 2005 on my birthday and to this day I watch it a couple of times a year.
I watch a lot of the BBC miniseries on Netflix streaming, but this one has yet to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNCalif View Post
My only quibble is that you can't send them directly to your Kindle or other e-reader; you have to download and add them to your e-reader that way.
I just email or upload the book to my Kindle as a personal document. It only takes a few seconds to do that.
Amazon has an application you can install that adds a "Send to Kindle" option to your right-click menu. It's quite handy! There's a Mac version, too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000719931

Quote:
It has to be a mistake. Penguin never discounts their books like that. I would quickly grab it before it's fixed ladies!
They had a version of Hamlet for $.01 last week, too. It's still on sale... Maybe a new thing they are trying?
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #171
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
They had a version of Hamlet for $.01 last week, too. It's still on sale... Maybe a new thing they are trying?
It could be... I don't have alot of love for Penguin due to what they pulled on libraries earlier this year. I try not to buy their books unless I really love the author but a penny is not something I can pass up.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #172
JNCalif
Enthusiast
JNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I just email or upload the book to my Kindle as a personal document. It only takes a few seconds to do that.
I do that as well, most of the time. However, I love the simplicity of buying from sites where you can just send from their site to my Kindle, especially if I'm traveling.
JNCalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #173
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNCalif View Post
I do that as well, most of the time. However, I love the simplicity of buying from sites where you can just send from their site to my Kindle, especially if I'm traveling.
Then I would just buy from Amazon if I was out and about and wanted to read something. I keep my books in Dropbox so when there is something I want to read I email it to my Kindles using my smartphone's 3G. I never use Amazon books directly. They go through a clean up\tidy process for my reading enjoyment using Calibre first then I send them to my Personal Documents cloud if I plan to read soon or to Dropbox for later.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #174
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Then I would just buy from Amazon if I was out and about and wanted to read something. I keep my books in Dropbox so when there is something I want to read I email it to my Kindles using my smartphone's 3G. I never use Amazon books directly. They go through a clean up\tidy process for my reading enjoyment using Calibre first then I send them to my Personal Documents cloud if I plan to read soon or to Dropbox for later.
Ditto, plus my books stay in sync between my desktop and my laptop on top of being able to access them anytime, anywhere.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #175
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
I can't get it because I'm in Aus -_-
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #176
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Here are some Harlequins on Sale at Amazon.

July's HQIs for $2.99:
Live Ammo by Joanna Wayne
Bear Claw Lawman by Jessica Andersen
Colby Roundup by Debra Webb
Cowboy in the Crossfire by Robin Perini
Kade by Delores Fossen
The Spy Wore Spurs by Dana Marton

June's HQI for $2.99
Wrangled by B.J. Daniels
High Noon by Debra Webb
Eyewitness by Carol Ericson
Thunder Horse Heritage by Elle James

More HQIs for $2.99
Scene of the Crime: Mystic Lake Carla Cassidy (May 12)
Colby Law by Debra Webb (May 12)
The Marine Next Door by Julie Miller (May 12)
Obsession by Carol Ericson (May 12)
Private Security by Mallory Kane (May 12)
When She Wasn't Looking by HelenKay Dimon (May 12)
Secret Hideout by Paula Graves (April 12)
Son of a Gun by Joanna Wayne (April 12)
Scene of the Crime: Mystic Lake by Carla Cassidy (Feb 12)

Harlequin Romantic Suspense for $2.99
Mercenary's Perfect Mission by Carla Cassidy (Jun 12)
Her Cowboy Distraction by Carla Cassidy (July 12)

Stephanie Bond
About Last Night... (Harlequin Temptation) $2.39
Too Hot to Print (Blaze) $2.51
Club Cupid (Harlequin Temptation) $2.39
Manhunting in Mississippi (Temptation) $2.39

Linda Howard $2.99
Tears of the Renegade (Silhouette Romantic Suspense)
A Game of Chance (Silhouette Romantic Suspense)
Loving Evangeline (Silhouette Romantic Suspense)

I will add more if I find it. The sort by price is not working at the moment.

Last edited by Blossom; 07-31-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #177
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Thank you!
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #178
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
It does. I'm pretty sure it's a sequel to Night Is Mine which I bought when it came out.

Do we still get extra off on featured authors and selections or was that just a special in May?
Oh Yay! The Night is Mine is on sale for $1.00 for DANL members in August!
The discover15 is also still working.

Since I didn't use last month's credit I'll be grabbing I Own the Dawn and Temptation in a Kilt as my freebies.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #179
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
To Celebrate their win Carina Press has 35% off Boomerang Bride by Fiona Lowe which won a RITA award last Saturday. Ms. Lowe went through 12 print rejections before Carina Press picked her up. She is a Harlequin writer mostly writes for their Medical line so Boomerang Bride is her first big book.
Thanks this is also cheap at Books on Board and they recently gave me $2.24
reward dollars for picking up a Free audio book that brought it down to $1.23 super bargain
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #180
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It could be... I don't have alot of love for Penguin due to what they pulled on libraries earlier this year. I try not to buy their books unless I really love the author but a penny is not something I can pass up.
I don't blame Penguin for what they did. I blame Overdrive & Amazon. The agreement was that eBooks served by Overdrive were supposed to be using Overdrive's DRM servers. The way it works with Kindle eBooks, Amazon's DRM servers are used and thus, the agreement is in violation. I think the only way to get Penguin to allow new eBooks via Overdrive would be to terminate Kindle eBooks at the library. Of course, that would mean ePub and PDF only at the library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote