Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
rutgurt
Enthusiast
rutgurt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calender that syncs with Google calender?

Are there any Calender Apps for the Fire that will sync with Google/gmail calender?
rutgurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgurt View Post
Are there any Calender Apps for the Fire that will sync with Google/gmail calender?
Calengoo it's $2.99 at the app store.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
xdalaw
xdalaw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, K1, K2, K3 wifi keyboard, EVO 4G
If you root (easy and very unrootable), you can configure the KF to sync with Google Calendar data, and then can use any calendar app that syncs with that data. I use both Business Calendar and Pocket Informant on mine.
xdalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
MarkY
MarkY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
If you root (easy and very unrootable), you can configure the KF to sync with Google Calendar data, and then can use any calendar app that syncs with that data. I use both Business Calendar and Pocket Informant on mine.
Please explain how you configure the KF to sync with Google Calendar data.
MarkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Calengoo it's $2.99 at the app store.
I second this one....I have Calengoo and it works great. Imported correctly on first try and synchs without a hitch.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Pocket Informant is the app I have relied on for years on several platforms. It is more customizable than any other app on the market -- and I've tried them all. Users are awaiting an update to allow for a manual login to setup syncing with Google calendar. Currently, it simply syncs automatically using the native Android calendar on devices -- something the Fire does not have. For now, it only syncs with Google Tasks.

CalenGoo is a good interim calendar for the Fire (I have it installed) but nowhere near as polished and customizable as PI.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
CalenGoo is a good interim calendar for the Fire (I have it installed) but nowhere near as polished and customizable as PI.
I'm using Calengoo as well, and as a long time PocketInformant user, I have to say that I actually appreciate the relative simplicity of Calengoo. PI has become overburdened with features, in my opinion, since I started using it something like 10 years ago on PalmOS. On my iPhone it literally takes PI 30+ seconds to launch because (I assume) it's working on figuring out how to bring peace to the middle east or something - I have no idea what it could be taking so long to do.

To the OP: just get Calengoo. Do you really want to be rooting and re-rooting every time Amazon updates the OS? Spend the $3 and save yourself some hassle.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'd grabbed Calengoo while it's on sale. It regularly $5.99 I believe. $2.99 is a great price and the developer is very responsive. I sent a email last night asking them to add a way to change the font in month view on the date numbers. Four hours later I got reply saying it'd be in the next release!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote