Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
olsonj
olsonj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
The oops message on KOBO reader

Could not find a thread for this. Have been getting the oops message when I try to download library book from ADE page to reader. Kobo touch.
Book downloads but KOBO will not open it. Oops message instead.
If I add the book title to My library in ADE and send the book from there to the KOBO it works.
One book did not show book cover but opened anyway.
Hope this is some use to those who struggle with this process.
olsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The link at most libraries (and for that case book stores) for the ePub actually downloads an ACSM file; this can not be loaded onto Kobo (or calibre for that metter).

Rather the ACSM file is a control file for ADE that will download the actual book, and associate it with the ID associated with that install of ADE.

From there the book can be transferred to an eReader that has been associated with the same ID that downloaded the eBook.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189519 for a document describing this.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
Gaffer
Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Touch
Peter has it right as usual.

I download books from my library all the time. Here are the steps in the process:

1) Checkout and download from the library
2) Connect the Kobo Reader to the computer
3) Open Adobe Digitial Editions, and use it to open the downloaded file
4) While in Adobe Digitial Editions, drag the book from the file to the reader
5) Close ADE
6) Undock the Kobo Reader

At that point, the Kobo will process the new file, after which it will be ready to go.
Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
olsonj
olsonj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Thanks for info

When the file downloads to ade page it looks as if you can work from there. But it isnt thecae zsthe downloaded book has to be in the ade library. So a bit confusing. Thanks for this explanation of the process.
John
olsonj is offline   Reply With Quote